Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alex Henshall  (Read 18161 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 08:42:42 »

This site is the advers primary source

Things get better but they never get good
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 12:59:36 »

I like the fact that the Adver claims the Henshall story is an 'exclusive'.

It's been discussed on here since Sunday, and you wouldn't bet against that this site is the source of the information in the first place.

I thought the same thing and I noticed that the adver had no facts or quotes to backup their 'exclusive' so it seems they are working on guesswork and wanting people to beleive they have a source to their story - poor journalism - again
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 13:03:25 »

I thought the same thing and I noticed that the adver had no facts or quotes to backup their 'exclusive' so it seems they are working on guesswork and wanting people to beleive they have a source to their story - poor journalism - again

How Adver reporter get's his exclusive...

Go to thetownend.com
Read what people are saying
Ignore the 80% bollocks
Print story which is half believable
Job done

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 14:38:51 »

This is such a frustating thing about modern football. Any talent in the youth team disappears before you or I get to see them in action. Never again can we get a side like Bert Head apparently put together of young, local players you can get a decent number of games out before they get sold on. At least Jutkiewicz was able to contribute something other than a cash pile before he went.

Does it really work for the player either? I know I stuck Leigh Mills in this thread but he goes from England under-16 captain to seemingly having disappeared off the face of the earth by the time he's in his early 20's - which I know is an argument for taking the money when it's nice and shiny, but myeh, I feel like being inconsistent.

The kids always want to go - as I guess they have always been stars up to now, they all assume they can make it no sweat so the only players we really get to see from the youth systems are the Pooks, who can make some imapct as a pro but are unlikely to make it to the very top - bah!

I hereby end this grumpy musing for Fatbury to grow excitable at the mention of you know who.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 14:55:14 »

The thing is that Man City's academy is probably much much better than ours, so as a player he's more likely going to develop.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 15:05:36 »

The amount of money they throw at it, of course their academy is going to be better than ours.  At least here he would've expected to start making some first team appearances which, in my opinion, would've been better for the kid.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 15:10:11 »

We don't have a academy so yes you are probably both right.My main worry with this is that we seem to be down to the bare bones as far as youngsters are concerned i can't see many more as good as the recent crop coming through for a while.

As for should we be selling him then look at Maklin,looks like he is being released we could of cashed in on him but didn't we gave him games and he hasn't been good enough so it's swings and roundabouts isn't it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 17:14:53 »

I like the fact that the Adver claims the Henshall story is an 'exclusive'.

It's been discussed on here since Sunday, and you wouldn't bet against that this site is the source of the information in the first place.
The rang me and asked for my source, I told them my 7 year-old grandson - exclusive my bollocks!!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 17:32:22 »

Henshall's departure doesn't concern menin the slightest. Long may we continue to do business with the big leagues. It's important to maintain one or two youth graduates but the lower leagues are no longer won by a squad of former youth players who have been at the club since they were 7.

There's always one or two generations that buck the trend, I grant you. However, £250,000? Yes please! Shame we didn't take what clubs were offering for Lloyd Macklin a
couple of years ago.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 17:40:59 »

I agre Rich we got a good deal but i must admit i am worried about the next youths coming through at the moment.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 17:47:52 »

This site is the advers primary source

In that case, suttonred is really good looking, with a massive cock.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 17:54:43 »

In that case, suttonred is really good looking, with a massive cock.

Cheesy

That made I larf
Rich Pullen

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 18:50:53 »

I agre Rich we got a good deal but i must admit i am worried about the next youths coming through at the moment.

A fair point DRS. However, I'd certainly be more worried if we were currently running an academy set-up. Look at teams like Bristol City who have had an academy for a decade without the success that can be considered justified.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 21:58:44 »

suttonred is... a massive cock.

Don't blame me, I've applied the Adver editorial guidelines to your post.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, June 11, 2010, 09:13:19 »

Any footage of him anywhere?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: