Pages: 1 ... 2628 2629 2630 [2631] 2632 2633 2634 ... 2677   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5439092 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39450 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 09:43:54 »

Premier inn. Only thing premier is the price.

Depends when you book, can be cheap. On the budget side of things I've always found them better than Travelodge (on average)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39451 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 09:48:07 »

Depends when you book, can be cheap. On the budget side of things I've always found them better than Travelodge (on average)

Agreed. We stayed in one in Northampton recently. I was pretty impressed for a budget hotel. Massive comfy bed also. It obviously varies from location to location.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 09:50:34 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #39452 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 10:22:22 »

The Premier Inn in town looks very nice.

Not sure why anyone would want to stay there mind.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39453 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 11:39:32 »

I was pretty impressed for a budget hotel. Massive comfy bed also. It obviously varies from location to location.

Well today is your lucky day, with their black Friday deal you can buy the bedding and mattresses! https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/sleep/buy-our-bed.html

I use them a fair bit, for work if clients won't tolerate higher rates and I am often only getting there in the evening and off in the morning they tend to be in decent locations, plus for gigs etc when I am likely to be drunk anyway!
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #39454 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 11:55:08 »

Agreed. We stayed in one in Northampton recently. I was pretty impressed for a budget hotel. Massive comfy bed also. It obviously varies from location to location.
We always stay in Premier Inns, often not much more than a Travelodge which is genuinely slumming it and better than Holiday Inn Express which is poor. We stay in hotels probably 30 days a year and Premier Inn is the best value for money, big TV and comfy beds and always have good breakfasts too.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #39455 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 12:13:11 »

We always stay in Premier Inns, often not much more than a Travelodge which is genuinely slumming it and better than Holiday Inn Express which is poor. We stay in hotels probably 30 days a year and Premier Inn is the best value for money, big TV and comfy beds and always have good breakfasts too.

A lot depends on how new they are, if its for a flying visit bed for the night newer Travelodges tend to be OK, older ones less so, can normally tell from the photographs of the exterior when booking.

Holiday Inn's are just plain odd, and vastly over priced for what they tend to provide.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #39456 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 12:22:01 »

A lot depends on how new they are, if its for a flying visit bed for the night newer Travelodges tend to be OK, older ones less so, can normally tell from the photographs of the exterior when booking.

Holiday Inn's are just plain odd, and vastly over priced for what they tend to provide.
My wife is in a wheelchair until she has her 2 new hips fitted and Travelodges disabled rooms are too small and have shockingly shit disabled facilities thats why we use Prem Inns as they are always decent and spacious.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39457 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 12:24:22 »

Premier Inn Bournemouth is decent. Breakfast in the pub next door.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #39458 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, 12:28:31 »

My wife is in a wheelchair until she has her 2 new hips fitted and Travelodges disabled rooms are too small and have shockingly shit disabled facilities thats why we use Prem Inns as they are always decent and spacious.

I ended up staying in a brand new Premier Inn a year or so back in Newcastle and as I booked it so late (client only told me at 4pm that he wanted me at a 9am meeting the next morning!!) I ended up being allocated a disabled room, I have lived in flats with a smaller floor area than that room had!

Premier Inn Bournemouth is decent. Breakfast in the pub next door.

Likewise the one we stay at for gigs in Manchester, 'spoons downstairs, bottomless coffee and fried food, all a hungover me needs before getting on the train.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39459 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 15:16:18 »

Annoyance - people who don’t follow the road markings at the Bruce street bridges going from b&Q towards the outlet village

The amount of times I’ve been cut off by someone going right from the middle lane (which clearly has an arrow pointing only towards great western way) is too Damn high

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39460 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 22:09:57 »

I ended up staying in a brand new Premier Inn a year or so back in Newcastle and as I booked it so late (client only told me at 4pm that he wanted me at a 9am meeting the next morning!!) I ended up being allocated a disabled room, I have lived in flats with a smaller floor area than that room had!

Likewise the one we stay at for gigs in Manchester, 'spoons downstairs, bottomless coffee and fried food, all a hungover me needs before getting on the train.

Re. Newcastle. Wouldn’t be the one I’ve just checked into would it. Just off the A19 roundabout. Looks very newish and an upgrade on last weeks dump in Bradford and the two one night stands I’ve stayed in in Scotland this week. This mornings cooked breakfast in Dundee was spoilt by two poached eggs that were 90% hard and a sausage that looked like it had escaped every breakfast all week and was nigh on petrified.

Hopefully this place has a decent chef cum microwave operative in the morning.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 00:09:29 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39461 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 22:12:09 »

I'd hope they don't put that in the microwave tbh
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #39462 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 14:02:26 »

Re. Newcastle. Wouldn’t be the one I’ve just checked into would it. Just off the A19 roundabout. Looks very newish and an upgrade on last weeks dump in Bradford and the two one night stands I’ve stayed in in Scotland this week. This mornings cooked breakfast in Dundee was spoilt by two poached eggs that were 90% hard and a sausage that looked like it had escaped every breakfast all week and was nigh on petrified.

Hopefully this place has a decent chef cum microwave operative in the morning.

Nope, it was Newgate Street in the city centre, coincidentally a conversion of the Co-Op store where I did all my shopping for several years as a student up there.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #39463 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 14:12:20 »

Re. Newcastle. Wouldn’t be the one I’ve just checked into would it. Just off the A19 roundabout. Looks very newish and an upgrade on last weeks dump in
Bradford...

When in Bradford go to the corn dolly and jacobs well father

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39464 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 15:17:38 »

Best breakfast this morning out of the four I have stayed in this last two weeks. Getting fed up of living out of a suitcase now. One more night away then they let me loose on my customer base, at the busiest time of the year. Not much chance to influence any uptick in sales.
Pages: 1 ... 2628 2629 2630 [2631] 2632 2633 2634 ... 2677   Go Up
Print
Jump to: