Pages: 1 ... 2545 2546 2547 [2548] 2549 2550 2551 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046696 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38205 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:07:19 »

Human beings, why is it up to the hotel to provide free parking, Jesus a tenner is literally two drinks in the bar these days!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-65682598

In all fairness - that works when the location is in an area with sparse other options that don't also cost, like central London.  The article suggests the location itself is not beset by such competition, it's more that the free parking which is available then makes residents life a misery (I assume the answer may well be a load of yellow lines).  Also, the picture shows a small thesis of notices - never a good sign about the locations intentions, including a notice about how to appeal!  That's a bad sign, literally, when you have that in front of a customer.  I would bet good money that they get people who are charged even after spending the required amount, or that the hotel staff are not fully aware of the parking policies and create confusion as well.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38206 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:10:32 »

I suspect most of the people causing the problems are not hotel customers but people travelling into the area for a nose around and a walk.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38207 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:20:00 »

In all fairness - that works when the location is in an area with sparse other options that don't also cost, like central London.  The article suggests the location itself is not beset by such competition, it's more that the free parking which is available then makes residents life a misery (I assume the answer may well be a load of yellow lines).  Also, the picture shows a small thesis of notices - never a good sign about the locations intentions, including a notice about how to appeal!  That's a bad sign, literally, when you have that in front of a customer.  I would bet good money that they get people who are charged even after spending the required amount, or that the hotel staff are not fully aware of the parking policies and create confusion as well.

Hotel's car park, Hotel can do what they like and I can't imagine it will make a penny of difference to their trade as its always heaving anyway, we go for lunch regularly and if you ain't there at 12 when they open you are waiting for a table!

The problem has arisen purely because, in their wisdom, someone (I assume the LDNPA) have decided to build a path from Newby Bridge to Lakeside up the side of Windermere rather ignoring the fact that to use said path people will want to park somewhere and whilst there are other options (and pubs/Hotels) in Newby Bridge they are on the opposite side of the A590, hence why the Swan's car park was becoming over run and people who would spend money in the Hotel couldn't park there.

There is a perfectly good public car park in Lakeside along with more facilities but that would mean people driving further.

I suspect most of the people causing the problems are not hotel customers but people travelling into the area for a nose around and a walk.

Exactly, its a lovely Hotel only ruined by the visitors!  Wink  
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38208 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:45:33 »

She's now died.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38209 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:53:59 »

Put this in the wrong thread earlier

Netflix password sharing crackdown. I mean I get it, but it would cost an extra £10 a month to continue with what I have.

I share with my mum and sister.

Get Cinema app. Don’t need Netflix.

Yeah, it was more about the series. If it was just me it would be gone already, more that sharing to family made it worthwhile. With an extra £10 p/m to carry on as is I don't think I'll bother
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38210 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 13:13:45 »

All the series are on Cinema
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38211 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 14:14:20 »

I see.

well I can't believe my mum can navigate to it but I'll take a look. thanks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38212 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 11:39:37 »

Bit of a dilemma.

Since returning to the UK I obtained my credit report. Flabbergasted to find out I had an outstanding CCJ against my name for £333 - all done during my absence. After a bit of digging it turned out to be Sky who passed on the ‘debt’ to a collection agency.

After wracking my brain I can only think it was for a piece of their equipment that needed returning. I had requested one of their returns bags to post it back but it hadn’t turned up before I left for Greece. I did leave a note to the people who bought our house if they could post it back when the returns bag eventually turned up. Obviously, they didn’t.

Is it worth contesting after all this time or just continue ignoring it? It’s £175 to get it annulled. I’m not too bothered about the affect on my credit score as I don’t envisage needing anything on credit.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38213 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 14:04:24 »

I despise people like this, hopefully they suffer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65719815
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38214 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 14:13:54 »

I despise people like this, hopefully they suffer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65719815

I'll be honest, I don't think you'll find "I despise people who torture and murder their child" to be a particularly controversial opinion.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38215 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 17:18:26 »

England v Australia Ashes tickets at Egbaston ranging from £236 - £471
Expensive day out🤣

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #38216 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 17:47:56 »

England v Australia Ashes tickets at Egbaston ranging from £236 - £471
Expensive day out🤣

Same with any second hand ticket sales, whether it’s boxing, live music or cricket, they’re always stupid prices as people try to make a few quid.

I have tickets to day 1 of both the Edgbaston and Lords tests, I paid £80 face value for each. The actual pricing wasn’t bad at all.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 26, 2023, 17:57:30 by Quagmire » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38217 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 17:53:23 »

Same with any second hand ticket sales, whether it’s boxing, live music or cricket, they’re always stupid prices as people try to make a few quid.

I have tickets to day 1 of both the Edgebaston and Lords tests, I paid £80 face value for each. The actual pricing wasn’t bad at all.

That's really good prices you've paid love to experience an Ashes Test just for the banter alone.

So, give no fucks
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #38218 on: Monday, May 29, 2023, 10:57:11 »

Currently watching a repeat of 'The Repair Shop' and getting really emotional. What the fuck is happening to me?

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38219 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 20:00:32 »

'kin Now Broadband raising their prices (including for in contract customers) six weeks after I joined them.

Means I can leave penalty free but it's just a right ballache and such a shady practice that they're allowed to do this.
Pages: 1 ... 2545 2546 2547 [2548] 2549 2550 2551 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: