Pages: 1 ... 2534 2535 2536 [2537] 2538 2539 2540 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5216861 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38040 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 09:05:54 »

The back to back traffic lights at Bruce street bridges, coming from Cheney manor

Unsynchronised!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #38041 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 09:27:19 »

Does my head in. Gets so congested in the mornings, waiting at the pedestrian crossing when the roundabout is green

Combine the two, and at peak times let pedestrians cross when the lights are red with a countdown timer. Would flow so much smoother

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38042 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 09:58:13 »

Does my head in. Gets so congested in the mornings, waiting at the pedestrian crossing when the roundabout is green

Combine the two, and at peak times let pedestrians cross when the lights are red with a countdown timer. Would flow so much smoother

Its what happens with the similar setup on the Great Western Way, its all synchronised with the main Bruce Street Bridges lights.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38043 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 10:26:31 »

I don't know although the algorithms seem to have gone to shit since Musk took over, for a period all I seemed to be getting on my timeline were tweets from Crafty Wank, that ginger haired lass who simultaneously claimed she got bullied out of the Tory Party whilst also appearing on their PR as 'young Tory woman' and various GB News presenters.

Mine is a bit like this as well. it's just so random and not really relevant to what I generally look at at all!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38044 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 14:17:20 »

Preferred the old set up at Bruce Street two smaller roundabouts.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38045 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 14:45:43 »

Preferred the old set up at Bruce Street two smaller roundabouts.

Four  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #38046 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 16:12:38 »

Getting sand in my vagina  No

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38047 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 16:43:59 »

Four  Smiley

😀 Clap

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38048 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 09:26:35 »

I have an account with Bank of Ireland which we only use when we go to countries that use Euros - mainly Ireland of course. I tried to register for their online banking app and called up earlier today. The verification questions were my date of birth and to name a transaction I have made in the last 14 days. I told her that I hadn't made any. Because of this I failed the verification and was told to make a transaction and call back.

I then sent a tweet to them querying if this was actually valid procedure (I half thought it was some kind of elaborate scam to get them to spend money, but figured how would she benefit from that) and another lady confirmed that yes, I would have to process a transaction before I could be verified. Am I going mad, or does this sound crackers? Surely there are other verifications they could use?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 21, 2023, 09:29:57 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38049 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 09:29:39 »

Well, not really. Sometimes when I’ve used my card online the company take 1c to verify it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38050 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 09:43:57 »

I have an account with Bank of Ireland which we only use when we go to countries that use Euros - mainly Ireland of course. I tried to register for their online banking app and called up earlier today. The verification questions were my date of birth and to name a transaction I have made in the last 14 days. I told her that I hadn't made any. Because of this I failed the verification and was told to make a transaction and call back.

I then sent a tweet to them querying if this was actually valid procedure (I half thought it was some kind of elaborate scam to get them to spend money, but figured how would she benefit from that) and another lady confirmed that yes, I would have to process a transaction before I could be verified. Am I going mad, or does this sound crackers? Surely there are other verifications they could use?

Seems odd but I suspect that you are one of a very small group of customers that they failed to think about when they set up the verification system. Can't you just spend 50p on Amazon or something?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 21, 2023, 10:14:23 by horlock07 » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38051 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 10:11:13 »

I see your point but for most people it makes sense. As you are going to know where you have been and used it but not many others are.

Where as name, DOB and even address is probably really easily accessible information that doesn’t change for 2/3 and only rarely changes for 1/3.

…just as an example a friend of mine - apart from the final physical signature his brother has managed to do a whole entire mortgage process in his name with absolute ease (that’s a long convoluted story but I digress)

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38052 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 10:33:46 »

Seems odd but I suspect that you are one of a very small group of customers that they failed to think about when they set up the verification system. Can't you just spend 50p on Amazon or something?

Yeah I'll go ahead and do that.

I see your point but for most people it makes sense. As you are going to know where you have been and used it but not many others are.

Where as name, DOB and even address is probably really easily accessible information that doesn’t change for 2/3 and only rarely changes for 1/3.

…just as an example a friend of mine - apart from the final physical signature his brother has managed to do a whole entire mortgage process in his name with absolute ease (that’s a long convoluted story but I digress)

Now that does make sense and something I hadn't thought about! Always knew the TEF was the oracle of all things! Smiley

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38053 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 11:48:29 »

An ATM withdrawal would count as a transaction I imagine, then just deposit it straight back in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38054 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 11:59:17 »

unless you get whacked cash exchange fees above the cost of a small purchase!
Pages: 1 ... 2534 2535 2536 [2537] 2538 2539 2540 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: