Pages: 1 ... 2306 2307 2308 [2309] 2310 2311 2312 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5088869 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #34620 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 10:05:38 »

Water Chestnuts... tasteless chunks of raw potato.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #34621 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 10:51:10 »

Proper fucked off trying to get a covid vaccine. I'm coming up to 47 and have been offered nothing from my doctor's. Got the NHS letter but can't get anything within 30 miles via the website and also have to book a second one far away too. Phoned the docs who said ring 119 after May 21st as there's a shortage in Swindon. Great. Asked why do I know people in their early 40s getting jabbed in Swindon and got no response. Waste of fucking time.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34622 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 11:20:38 »

Proper fucked off trying to get a covid vaccine. I'm coming up to 47 and have been offered nothing from my doctor's. Got the NHS letter but can't get anything within 30 miles via the website and also have to book a second one far away too. Phoned the docs who said ring 119 after May 21st as there's a shortage in Swindon. Great. Asked why do I know people in their early 40s getting jabbed in Swindon and got no response. Waste of fucking time.

That's shite. I'll be 42 by 1st July and got the notice yesterday I could book so I'm in for tomorrow, albeit 12 miles away in Northampton and then 15 miles away in Banbury for the second one.

Sorry to hear yours wasn't so straight forward. I thought it was all going well for people getting booked etc?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #34623 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 11:44:29 »

I booked Salisbury next Saturday and then to Devizes end of July for second jab. Got a text the next day saying second jab was cancelled so lost both appointments. Now nothing except Slough and places like that. My doctors are useless. I'm the oldest of 4 siblings, they've all had the jab or have it booked in the next few days. All have a different doctors to me.

I've just booked for Bournemouth next Saturday(will make a day of it) and second jab in Westbury end of July. Now to see if that gets cancelled. I want to get done as I'm going away end of may and want to be protected as much as possible or I wouldn't have been too bothered to wait.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 12:03:12 by Arriba » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34624 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 12:01:25 »

That's shite. I'll be 42 by 1st July and got the notice yesterday I could book so I'm in for tomorrow, albeit 12 miles away in Northampton and then 15 miles away in Banbury for the second one.

Sorry to hear yours wasn't so straight forward. I thought it was all going well for people getting booked etc?

I think it is going OK in the main, albeit it does seem a bit shit in certain areas, Swindon apparently but also the NE, I have a mate lives in Whitley Bay and he is having to go down to Bishop Auckland to get jabbed as its the nearest he could get it done in any sensible time frame.

I booked Salisbury next Saturday and then to Devizes end of July for second jab. Got a text the next day saying second jab was cancelled so lost both appointments. Now nothing except Slough and places like that. My doctors are useless

Have you tried ringing 119 about the changing appointments cancellations etc, mate of mine had an almighty ball ache getting appointments and then they were never confirmed etc, rang 119 and she sorted it for him, albeit I think the quality does depend on the operator you get through to as another mate found them to be useless.

Ignore
« Reply #34625 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 12:04:46 »

I rang 119 who were fine but said they can see the same thing as me on the screen so couldn't offer me anything local so I'd have to wait for the doctor's to call. Arrrrgghhh. Me and the Mrs are both booked in together now so hopefully we can keep these appointments.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34626 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 12:06:49 »

My mate in Ciren is 45, they've had a slow down on vaccine deliveries at the hospital so they aren't down to his age group yet at his doctors

Like you, he can drive out of area to get it if he wants. Or wait for a local one
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34627 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 12:16:46 »

Had mine 6 weeks ago. Got the invite from the NHS and it was at Steam the same week. My docs then sent me an option the same or next day. My experience has been good. One of my bro in laws who is in Calne had to go to Bath racecourse.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34628 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 12:57:29 »

I've been super lucky with regards to the jab. There's a local GP that were using their spare supply to vaccinate local teachers so my other half got one a few months ago. Then, I got wind that a vaccination centre in Slough was offering them out to over 30's who live in a household with someone vaccinated which I managed to book in and had this morning.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #34629 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 13:02:29 »

Similar to 4D, my experience has been fine so far. Received a text from my GP with a link to make the first booking at the Steam Museum, where the organisation was great. Got the NHS letter a couple of days afterwards but just ignored that and waited to hear about the second jab. Had the text from my GP two days ago to book the second one and am off to the Steam Museum top get that on Saturday. Really sorry to hear that some are having problems. Sounds a bit of a postcode lottery, with some GP surgeries being better organised than others.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34630 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 13:19:31 »

Water Chestnuts... tasteless chunks of raw potato.

Roast chestnuts on the ither hand....   Eat

Ignore
« Reply #34631 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 13:25:51 »

Seems that when the doctor's arrange it you just get the first jab arranged. Then they contact you later for the second one. Is that correct?
When you go via the NHS website you have to book both jabs. Lose one,lose both. I'd rather book my first then hope to get the second locally in a few weeks time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 13:27:39 by Arriba » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34632 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 13:39:24 »

Yep. Not heard about my second jab yet
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34633 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 13:49:09 »

Yep. Not heard about my second jab yet

Likewise, think I am due in about 3 weeks. I assume there must be a system behind all this insofar as I had Pfizer, but everyone I know who has had it since at the GP's has had AZ, assuming I will be called when they have a Pfizer batch arrive.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #34634 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 14:08:08 »

Seems that when the doctor's arrange it you just get the first jab arranged. Then they contact you later for the second one. Is that correct?

Yes. That's the way it was for me. Booked first appointment via the GP's text invitation, then waited for another text invite for the second one. Got a letter from NHS in between but just ignored that because it would probably have screwed things if I had attempted to book the second appointment via the NHS website.
Pages: 1 ... 2306 2307 2308 [2309] 2310 2311 2312 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: