Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops, I forgot...  (Read 1011 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 20:23:32 »

The night before the Charlton game, having had a few drinks, I was inspired by Dave's rousing speech.  I wrote the following and intended to post it before I left for Charlton...I forgot.  Anyway, here it is (with due nod to Winston Churchill)...

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our 2-1 lead, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of Charlton, if necessary for an extra 30 minutes, if necessary through penalties.
At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Fitton's Organisation - every man and woman of them. That is the will of Wilson and the Red Army.
The Board, Staff, Players and Fans, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their 2-1 lead, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.
Even though many seasons past have fallen into the grip of despair and all the odious apparatus of previous owners, we shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Charlton,
we shall fight in the Valley,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our lead, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight in defence,
we shall fight in the midfield,
we shall fight in the wings and in the channels,
we shall fight up front;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this lead were taken away, then our Fans beyond the white lines, armed and guarded by great voice and passion, would renew the struggle in the players, until, in God's good time, the substitutes, with all their power and might, step forth to the rescue and the liberation of the victory."
WE ARE GOING UP.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: