Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stephen Darby  (Read 6445 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:12:17 »

Semms to be going about it in a quiet way but this lad is fucking quality. Keeping Big Kev out the team and rightly so at the moment.

Doesn't attack as much as Amankawaah but then we are keeping clean sheets so i imagine thats what he does well.

May not get the same praise as Ferry ward etc but could prove equally as an important player come the end of the season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:16:41 »

Agreed. If you told me anyone would keep Big Kev out the team I'd have thought you were talking rubbish.

Is he here long enough to feature in the play offs?

Now, what back 4 do we go for, for Tranmere. Does Sheehan come back in? If so does LJF come out the team or go back to CB with Cuthbert dropping out?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:18:38 »

I think Darby offers more defensively than Amankwaah does. The backwards header to prevent that looping cross from going in yesterday was superb (it was nowhere near over the line Jonny).

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:23:30 »

Agreed. If you told me anyone would keep Big Kev out the team I'd have thought you were talking rubbish.

Is he here long enough to feature in the play offs?

Now, what back 4 do we go for, for Tranmere. Does Sheehan come back in? If so does LJF come out the team or go back to CB with Cuthbert dropping out?

Sheehan - LJF - Greer - Darby for me

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:24:29 »

You have to keep that back four imo that we had yesterday.Lesc has been quality this last month and i think probably had his best game as a left back yesterday
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:25:06 »

Anyone who would drop Cuthbert needs shooting
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:26:34 »

Apprently LJF is a center back by trade, why move him out of posision if theres no need?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:27:15 »

Lesc has been quality this last month and i think probably had his best game as a left back yesterday

Really? I lost count the amount of times Leeds got in behind him in the first half, not to mention when he let Grella just wander in for the shot from point blank range. I'm not saying he had a very bad game, and it did nothing to detract from the result, but he still looked like he wanted to tuck in far too much and gave Leeds too much space down the wing.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:34:29 »

http://www.lfconline.com/news/tmnw/darby_hoping_for_promotion_513561/index.shtml
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:35:11 »

I think Darby offers more defensively than Amankwaah does. The backwards header to prevent that looping cross from going in yesterday was superb (it was nowhere near over the line Jonny).

I was starting to wonder if I'd made that up - crucial clearance to stop a goal that could have turned the game. Darby really showed why Liverpool rate him yesterday. If we've got more like him to come from this link-up with Liverpool, we're in for a great time
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:35:23 »

Yeah but that was mainly when we were playing a narrow midfield I think.

Leeds had a lot down that side and Ward wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Looked like for the first half an hour we tried the diamond midfield again with Ward off the front two.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:35:46 »

Apprently LJF is a center back by trade, why move him out of posision if theres no need?
Cuthbert is also a centre back by trade and imo has been our best one this season. Samdy i see what you are saying about yesterday he was at times caught out just think he looked more assured than other times this season and no matter what we think leeds have the players to drag any player out of position
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 08:42:41 »

Samdy i see what you are saying about yesterday he was at times caught out just think he looked more assured than other times this season and no matter what we think leeds have the players to drag any player out of position

I agree. I don't think he had any rabbit-in-the-headlight moments like he has done previously, it was more positional awareness. Although to be fair, Leeds had 3 or 4 different players cropping up on the right and he probably didn't have a clue who to track.
Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 09:06:31 »

As much as LJF has been decent recently, if cuthbert and greer are both fit they will play, and so they should.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:06:28 »

leeds

haha.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: