Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What ever happened to the Fanzine THE 69ER?  (Read 11803 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:03:34 »

These things usually take off when the club is on something of an upswing...so now might be the right time (if anyone has any time).

Unfortunately its not really about time, more money than anything. For a club ous size it'd be hard to shift enough to cover costs!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:08:36 »

Make it online then, easy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:36:40 »

I'm pretty sure there was one called 'Sheep Shagger' which, as far as I am aware came out for only one issue. Oooh, it might be worth some money - I've probably still got it lying around somewhere Cool
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:48:43 »

I'm pretty sure there was one called 'Sheep Shagger' which, as far as I am aware came out for only one issue. Oooh, it might be worth some money - I've probably still got it lying around somewhere Cool

I've got a copy of 'Sheep Shagger'. It was mostly taking the piss out of Plymuff after we beat them 3-0 with only 9 men.

I think I've got every copy of the '69er (16 issues?).The Magic Roundabout wasn't bad either, especially issue 2 and the infamous McMuck/Hunt cartoon.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:53:43 »

Theres too much written about football now for a fanzine to work.

Back 10 years ago the only real outlet for all your thoughts about football was with your mates/down the pub/in the ground. Nowadays fans talk about football on line in great detail every day.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 18:28:48 »

Yep no internet back in the fanzine days to speak of.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 18:42:22 »

I was a regular contributor-cartoons and articles to both BTN and the 69er.I am still in contact with Anna who was the ed of 69er,she still is a season ticket holder in the DRS.I have every copy still and the original drawings I submitted.It was an interesting time for the Town and course,plenty to write about.Fanzines however have been somewhat undermined by the internet unfortunately.

did you draw the McBag cartoons?

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 18:55:51 »

there was the STFC e-mail list (anyone else on here remember that?)

Its still going, sort of!
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 21:06:58 »

I was a regular contributor-cartoons and articles to both BTN and the 69er.

Me too, except the cartoons bit.  And if you did do the cartoons bit, I'm sure I have a great picture of the Wembley 90 McBag flag.  Somewhere.

I've left all my originals with Sonic Youth for safe keeping  Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 21:16:06 »

He'll have used them for extra long rollies.
Doore

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 21:38:27 »

I remember a feature once describing Jason Drysdale as "genuinely no-footed".  So true.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 21:57:06 »

I used to help Anna & Craig sell the 69er and lots of fun doing that but probably heard enough 69er jokes to last a lifetime especially the tight gits who said 'I don't need to buy a 69er as I got on last night off the Mrs'
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:26:29 »

69er ran over 30 issues from January 1993 to November 1998. Now I am a statto, but I should know. 

Wish I could scan in cartoon from last issue on Ricky Hunt - quite topical now eh?
Went something along the lines of 'I'm a lovable Scouser who has the fans' best interests at heart'. As if.

Still always thought Bring the Noise was the best though.

One F In Fitton

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:57:26 »

Yup, back when they were a novelty and just about the only alternative to anything official. I've got most of them stashed away somewhere.

I only sent in one contribution I think. Someone I know borrowed that issue, then after a while said he couldn't find it, and I've never seen my 'journalistic debut' since. If you're reading this, you know who you are.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 12:38:17 »

Well I thought about restarting the 69er a few times over the years, it was great fun - long time ago now.

Had to look out a few issues last night after reading this.   Some great budding journalists - at least one contributor even turned into a proper one.  And we had some laughs.

There was more than one article on Jason Drysdale I think, but I had loads of other favourite pieces.  Most of the stuff slagging off McMahon was great, he was the reason I stopped in the end.

There is always room for satire, but there's a lot of that on this site already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: