Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Ward  (Read 21083 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:03:05 »

...I think a sum around a million would pay off if he stayed fit for us. Top top quality. Future England player if he stays fit. Something a bit special for a special player? Im sure Fitton is very very tempted! It would be magic.

I can't see us spending £1m for a player even if we sold Austin for £5m - at league one level we simply don't have the turnover to support that...
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:06:16 by triseros » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:37:43 »

I can't see us spending £1m for a player even if we sold Austin for £5m - at league one level we simply don't have the turnover to support that...

I rekon he's well tempted.

Havn't heard much from Fitton this season.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 14:03:15 »

There is no way we could justify spending £1m on any player at this level and I'm sure that Fitton would never even consider it
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 17:20:07 »

Ditto, too much of a risk at that price. 350k + a 50% sell on might work though.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 17:27:42 »

A million ?? No way. We would be stupid to splash that much cash on one player at league 1 level.

There is no doubt of Wardy's tallent but we simply can't afford him unless Bolton are willing to sell for 300 to 400k.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 20:00:41 »

The fact of having a double hernia...and hamstring trouble makes it almost certain no money will be passed by Fitton....a loan deal it will be or nothing at all.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 20:06:10 »

If he hasn't gone anywhere come the last week of the window, then we must stand a pretty good chance of getting him back?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 20:14:29 »

When he signed for Coventry on loan the fee was reduced every time he played. It was so arranged so Ward could gain experience (or put him in the shop window if you're cynical). Whichever way, it would seem he isn't for sale at what we would consider a reasonable price.
Dazzza

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 20:16:44 »

Coyle is far to savvy to let the lad go, the only saving grace may be Bolton are struggling a little financially as their benefactor Davies is struggling a little and the chairman old Phil the pill may be tempted to cash in.

That said I doubt the 300k I would imagine is our spending cap would touch the proverbial sides of old Premiership brown trough.

Value I would say between 500k – 750k at present, despite a good rep at reserve team level and his superb performances last season he seems to have slipped off the radar a little.  A decent loan spell in the Championship and you could be looking in excess of a million after just a couple of games if he plays as well as he did last season.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 20:38:33 »

Coyle is far to savvy to let the lad go, the only saving grace may be Bolton are struggling a little financially as their benefactor Davies is struggling a little and the chairman old Phil the pill may be tempted to cash in.

That said I doubt the 300k I would imagine is our spending cap would touch the proverbial sides of old Premiership brown trough.

Value I would say between 500k – 750k at present, despite a good rep at reserve team level and his superb performances last season he seems to have slipped off the radar a little.  A decent loan spell in the Championship and you could be looking in excess of a million after just a couple of games if he plays as well as he did last season.

By a little you mean 93m in debt Wink
Dazzza

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 23:35:07 »

By a little you mean 93m in debt Wink

Good local lad to me as well!

Spencer_White

« Reply #86 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 14:51:41 »

Its only the real quality thats worth any money in football.

This lad is a bit special. I think at the moment his value is as low as it will ever be, and it would be well worth a bid, and I think the board are thinking abou it. Yes it would be a lot, but you could buy plenty of players for £100k who are worth nothing a year later.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 15:05:07 »

If it were to happen (big fucking if) you'd imagine it'd be a short term loan for 1 month which we'd look to extend to the end of the season.  Still think some Championship club will take a punt (loan) once he's back to full fitness.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 16:26:11 »

Come the end of last season I doubt any amount of money could have bought him and I'd be surprised if this season has made that much difference, or at least not enough difference to put him in our price range.

If for some reason he was available for £1m or less, it's the sort of purchase for which there is an outside chance of Fitton and co digging deep in their pockets for as the potential returns are far greater than even Austin.

Not going to happen though. Maybe on loan but not on a permanent deal.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 07:43:52 »

Looks like he could be lining up against us Saturday for Huddersfield.  Not official yet but Huddersfield fans seem to think he'll be joining them until the end of the season  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: