Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Ward  (Read 21288 times)
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:43:05 »

anyone know how he's been doing for coventry ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:44:14 »

He's been out injured for a fair bit hasn't he?
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:45:29 »

no clue
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:45:46 »

He's just had a double hernia op.

Was watching us yesterday and was interviewed in the car park afterwards.
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:48:07 »

shame we couldn't get him back but good luck to him
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:55:23 »

From what he was saying yesterday it seemed there was a chance he would be coming back to here then Coventry came in and Bolton thought he'd be better off with them.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:15:27 »

From what he was saying yesterday it seemed there was a chance he would be coming back to here then Coventry came in and Bolton thought he'd be better off with them.

Nice to hear he was bothered enough to come and watch. Come back Danny
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:17:06 »

The endless chants of "Danny, give us a wave" got a bit tiresome though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:20:55 »

Still big mates with Charlie I think.

Is a bit of a sickener when you get players like Danny Ward and Jimmy Davis going to mediocre division 2 sides.

If they have gone to a side and its all come together then they should be given more time to keep building their confidence.  

League 1 is such a massive step up from reserve and youth team football that the step between L1 and Championship is inconsequential in comparison.
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:51:34 »

Still big mates with Charlie I think.

Is a bit of a sickener when you get players like Danny Ward and Jimmy Davis going to mediocre division 2 sides.

If they have gone to a side and its all come together then they should be given more time to keep building their confidence.  

League 1 is such a massive step up from reserve and youth team football that the step between L1 and Championship is inconsequential in comparison.

Agree to a point, although when you consider all the players we've sold on to higher divisions in the last few seasons, I'm struggling to think of one who has made the grade, so the step up from L1 to Championship/PL must be decent. Cox, Parkin, Fallon, Tozer, Lukas, all spring to mind.
Spencer_White

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 20:03:28 »

Agree to a point, although when you consider all the players we've sold on to higher divisions in the last few seasons, I'm struggling to think of one who has made the grade, so the step up from L1 to Championship/PL must be decent. Cox, Parkin, Fallon, Tozer, Lukas, all spring to mind.

Fallon was sought after by quite a few Championship clubs for a while. He's getting on now, but its a bit harsh to say he didnt make the grade? Parkin, was injuries and Ipswich fans being cunts. Cox went to the best squad in the Championship. And Tozer!? He'll do well to make League 2. Lukas looks to be finding his feet.

Jamie Cureton was very mediocre player and he managed to score in the Championship regularly despite being rubbish for us.

Look at Ferry and Caddis, 2 talented players who Im sure could cut it at Championship level, but cant get in our team at the moment. Sometimes things just dont run for you. So when a young player does make the grade and become an integral part of a team then they should stay there.

I think PL clubs do rush their young players. Even someone like Danny Ward, an obvious talent, his career is still in the balance, they are fragile. Too much reserve team football ruins young players. They have lots of money, and sitting on the bench in the doldrums, boredom takes over its hard to resist the drugs, booze and women. Premier League clubs also seem to be totally unrealistic with regard to the future talent of some players. Lead into gold and all that. I cant see Lukas J ever making it at PL level because he is too slow, that will never change. Tozer? Unbelievable.

Danny Ward was loving it at Swindon. He was very popular with the players and the fans. He would have been fantastically motivated to play for Swindon and work hard.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 16:45:37 »

After someone posted a twiiter link earlier for the adver, they said that they have an interview in tomorows paper with AF regarding Danny Ward. You never know.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 17:15:40 »

After someone posted a twiiter link earlier for the adver, they said that they have an interview in tomorows paper with AF regarding Danny Ward. You never know.....

One way to appease the fan base over the sale of Austin....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 18:12:53 »

He would possibly make a good partner up front for Austin - they done well together there in the PO games I seem to recall
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 18:54:29 »

He would possibly make a good partner up front for Austin - they done well together there in the PO games I seem to recall

Austin and Ward playing for us come the end of January? I wish but highly unlikely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: