Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Moncur.  (Read 3262 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 19:43:09 »

Heard an amazing story about him today on the radio.
When at West Ham the team physio kept getting intimidated by a local group of youths...Moncur and a few fellow team members waited for these youths one day...Moncur being abit hotheaded at the best of times lashed out and knocked one of these lads clean out...he was unconsious before hitting the deck.after a few gurgling noises and the lad looking dead the players headed home in shock,when at home Moncur prayed to god and made a pact with him that if the youth didnt die he would always be in his debt.
The lad made a complete recovery in time and Moncur has stuck to his word and today is a born again christian and travels the country spreading the word.
Left me totally gobsmacked for some reason...apologies if this story has been done but i only heard of it today.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 22, 2010, 21:13:23 by leefer » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 20:21:11 »

Good player an all
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 20:37:42 »

One of my all time favourite players.

But what a bizarre story.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 21:11:13 »

Always rated him. Shame he's a god-knob now.
Doore

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 21:40:22 »

One of my all time favourite players.

But what a bizarre story.

Agreed.  With both bits.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 19:18:37 »

Cheers Leefer. You're right that is an amazing story. Have heard in the past about what a character he is, plus some funny OCD stuff.

Had everything a midfielder could want, strength, bit of pace, good tackler, could pick a pass, scored goals - he was a joy to watch. I think he scored our 1st goal in the Prem, a quickly taken free-kick at Bramall Lane?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 19:21:27 »

Cheers Leefer. You're right that is an amazing story. Have heard in the past about what a character he is, plus some funny OCD stuff.

Had everything a midfielder could want, strength, bit of pace, good tackler, could pick a pass, scored goals - he was a joy to watch. I think he scored our 1st goal in the Prem, a quickly taken free-kick at Bramall Lane?

Yep..i was there,it was scored at the Sheffield End....can remember Digby making a world class save in that match.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 19:27:01 »

Yep..i was there,it was scored at the Sheffield End....can remember Digby making a world class save in that match.

Yeh me too - took my eye off the game for a second then I looked up just in time to see their keeper scrambling across his line in vain. Very nearly missed STFC's first ever goal in the top division of English football.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 19:31:48 »

We always lose there..been there three times,years back when the Argentinian Alex Sabella netted twice,after Mayes had scored for us,think that was a season opener as well.
Also went when Fjortoft played against us...lost that as well.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 19:39:51 »

We always lose there..been there three times,years back when the Argentinian Alex Sabella netted twice,after Mayes had scored for us,think that was a season opener as well.
Also went when Fjortoft played against us...lost that as well.

Think that was my only visit. I remember Sabella, but only from the Panini sticker books - him & Keegan shared a wig didn't they  Smiley

Utd is quite dodgy outside too, I prefer Wednesday, better fans plus I've seen us win at Hillsborough.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 20:42:26 »

Also while on John Moncur didnt realise he was now chairman of Grays Ath.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 20:54:16 »

So why didn't you bastards vote him into the Adver 11 then? I put him in over Alan Mac.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 21:29:46 »

So why didn't you bastards vote him into the Adver 11 then? I put him in over Alan Mac.

sorry Freddo, but 2 grown men having a love in over him aint going to win him fuck all !
One F In Fitton

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 19:15:00 »

How the fuck can you be so sure that I didn't.

ps I didn't.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 19:16:44 »

sorry Freddo, but 2 grown men having a love in over him aint going to win him fuck all !

No need to be jealous - you only have to ask.

And you've used a double-negative - you mean it IS going to win him fuck all.  Wink   Roll Eyes JOEEEEEEEEEEYYY
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 22:47:42 by One F In Fitton » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: