Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whingy whingers  (Read 4432 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 14:40:21 »

We've all heard them, before all seater stadiums, they used to be confined to the Arkells stand, but they seem to be getting more and more prevalent all around the ground now, particularly in the Don Rogers.

On Saturday, a bloke behind me was quiet for the first 20 minutes then as soon as we went behind started slagging off every player, Douglas being his main target. When I reminded him that before this game we had been unbeaten for 13 games his response was along the lines of "that doesn't matter, this lot are shit!".

My question is, what is the best way of dealing with these situations ? Move to a different seat ? Throw a lighted flare at them (It'll be alright, its not a wooden stand!), etc etc. I ended up feeling more pissed off with this bloke than I did with the result, and now that is making me more angry. Grrrr

Any advice ?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 14:54:14 »

'Wakeman, Wakeman, where's your cape? Wakeman, where's your cape' should shut at least one of them up. After that a flamethrower is probably best.
china red

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 15:05:33 »

An axe to the forehead usually shuts these people up.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 15:14:28 »

trust me when i say that moving won't help, it'll only be worse. unless you stay at home.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 15:41:18 »

ignore them, or slag them off so loudly that they hear you.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 15:50:28 »

Stand up so he can't see. When he complains tell him, you're doing him a favour

From the Dark Side
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 15:53:03 »

We had a group of about 5 behind us, last season and the season before. About twelve of us took to mimicking them in thick Swindon accents.

Choice phrases include:

"WAKE THEM UP WILSON, COME ON"
"BLOODY PAYNTER"
"BLOODY RUBBISH"
"BLOODY MCGOVERN"

We simply repeated these phrases when something good happened, or when something bad happened but it wasn't one of the players they hated that made the mistake. Within 3 months they stopped complaining. This year they either didn't come back, or moved to a different stand.

We now have no moaners anywhere near us. Cool
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 16:06:51 »

Haha. When i go i sit in moany central. At least last year it was, from what i can tell it's not as bad this year. The mythical angry shouty man has dissapeared

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 16:38:35 »

Mimic them.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 18:01:02 »

They've paid their money as well, if they want to whinge, rant, rave, cry or whatever, it's up to them.

Get off your high horses.

Arriba proposing abuse to those who whinge is pretty laughable! You must have to have a right old rant in the mirror each morning me old chaaaaaaaap.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 18:40:28 »

Its up to fans to have the guts to support the team.

If you stay silent all the players will hear is the whingers.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:16:23 »

Man up. Tell them to fuck off and and take their whinging bitches with them or you'll chin them. If not, then you'll just have to ignore thme or move yourself. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:36:48 »

I must own up to having a moan on Saturday, out of frustration more than anything I just couldn't fathom why everything Rovers did seemed to work; none of my angst was directed towards our players I just randomly grumbled now and then  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 21:26:58 »

I must own up to having a moan on Saturday, out of frustration more than anything I just couldn't fathom why everything Rovers did seemed to work; none of my angst was directed towards our players I just randomly grumbled now and then  Smiley

I think we all have a moan from time to time.

Its the people who only ever moan when they speak that's the issue. "The Coach" that sits a few rows in front of us is an example. He's getting on, maybe he's been ground down over the years and that's how we'll all end up eventually. Maybe that's what's happening to Reg now!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 22:40:03 »

I Just shower my brother with positive comment until he shuts up
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: