Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League Playoff Dates  (Read 48793 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 18:22:38 »

I'm going to a wedding too on the 29th!  Although in the US of A over the Bank Holiday weekend so I'm going to be so upset if we get to the PO Final.

If we do go up, I can't even hope for the JPT to get a day out at Wembley!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 11:17:34 »

Flights booked for the play-off final weekend. Hopefully I am not going to Jonah everything now. (although I wouldn't be too unhappy if we go up automatically!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 11:32:25 »

I'm going to a wedding too on the 29th! 
I'm supposed to be - had potentially awkward conversation with my cousin last week in which I explained we were RSVPing yes but if we do get to the play-off finals, don't expect to see me or Joe there. Although I did offer to text her score updates, which I thought was fair. Fortunately she was very understanding so I didn't need to deploy my killer argument - the length of time since Town were last at Wembley vs the length of the average marriage these days means I'm more likely to get to go to another of her weddings before I get another chance to see us at Wembley.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:29:28 »

I'm supposed to be - had potentially awkward conversation with my cousin last week in which I explained we were RSVPing yes but if we do get to the play-off finals, don't expect to see me or Joe there. Although I did offer to text her score updates, which I thought was fair. Fortunately she was very understanding so I didn't need to deploy my killer argument - the length of time since Town were last at Wembley vs the length of the average marriage these days means I'm more likely to get to go to another of her weddings before I get another chance to see us at Wembley.
I'm sure that would have clinched it had it been necessary!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:45:41 »

Luckily, her fiancee is a keen football fan so she does understand how important these things are. Although, as he's a Leicester fan, the "noises off" during the phone call at the mention of "Swindon Town" and "play-off finals" were not suitable for a family audience Smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:49:58 »

People shouldnt be so rude as to organise a wedding in May! Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:56:16 »

People shouldnt be so rude as to organise a wedding in May! Smiley
That was one of my other back-up arguments I decided not to deploy!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 14:36:54 »

Every time I see this thread I want to kick Gazza for tempting fate.

Chubby cunt.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 11:40:18 »

Do we know which one will involve which teams yet?? ie 3rd vs 6th is 12pm and 4th vs 5th is 6pm? also which is home/away legs etc...

I know we don't know yet where we'll finish but it'd be nice to start to do the maths as theres a big fight at upton park on the 15th which I want to get tickets for, but if we're say at huddersfield away at 6pm ko I'm not going to get to the fight..

any help appreciated!!
cheers.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 11:45:11 »

Do we know which one will involve which teams yet?? ie 3rd vs 6th is 12pm and 4th vs 5th is 6pm? also which is home/away legs etc...

I know we don't know yet where we'll finish but it'd be nice to start to do the maths as theres a big fight at upton park on the 15th which I want to get tickets for, but if we're say at huddersfield away at 6pm ko I'm not going to get to the fight..

any help appreciated!!
cheers.

Don't know about the KO times as Sky will probably decide that for TV etc. However if we finish 3rd or 4th our first leg will be away on 15th May and then the 18th will be at home. It will be the other way around if we finish 5th or 6th.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 11:58:52 »

any help appreciated!!
cheers.
Have West Ham arranged a friendly with Millwall then?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 12:03:11 »

That was one of my other back-up arguments I decided not to deploy!

I have a further cunning back-up plan. My wife 'accidentally' arranged our marriage on the same day as a home game. I didn't let on that it was relatively unimportant but am keeping it up my sleeve in case I need to invoke it for possible play-off type scenarios which clashes with social situations, my wife's arranged, with people I've never met. The conversation, I hope, will pan out like this:

Me: I can't go, Swindon are at Wembley
Her: So I'm not as important as football?
Me: Of course you are dear, I sacrificed an important home match to marry you.
Her: That was years ago, it doesn't count.
Me: So was the time I fucked up on 02/05/2001 at 17:04 and 30 secs but it never stops you reminding me of it. Bye I'm off to Wembley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 12:06:40 »

Don't know about the KO times as Sky will probably decide that for TV etc. However if we finish 3rd or 4th our first leg will be away on 15th May and then the 18th will be at home. It will be the other way around if we finish 5th or 6th.

cheers boss guess theres no way of working it out properly until the end of the season then!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 12:06:57 »

Don't Sky show all the playoff games live? If so how will four games on the 15th and then two games on the 18th and 19th work? Are they likely to change some games to different days / times or just show multiple games at the same time?

Anyone know what they did last season?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 12:15:17 »

Have West Ham arranged a friendly with Millwall then?

Haha no mate even better than that - Unbeaten west aam fan Kevin Mitchell fighting world class aussie brawler Michael Katsidis.
Big step up in class for Mitchell and infront of his home crowd could be the night he comes of age, ala Hatton Tszyu in 2005. Of course he could get pummelled in a few rounds like the last time Katsidis fought over here when he battered graham earl in four at the Excel arena.
Really could go either way this one likely to be a right old east end tear up and one I don't want to miss!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: