Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust STFC AGM / Relaunch  (Read 13284 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 15:06:17 »

Text of e-mail sent out today

AGM Monday 8th February 7pm at the County Ground

This will be a crucial meeting of the Trust: the present chair and vice-chair are to stand down because of work and family commitments. This leaves 4 members of the existing Trust board willing to continue but they cannot keep the Trust going on their own. We need reinforcements: unless more volunteers join the board there is a real possibility the Trust will fold. So please:

• Renew your membership either via Paypal at the TrustSTFC website http://www.truststfc.co.uk/merchandise.php or by renewing on the night

• Come along to the AGM

• Put yourself forward to join the Trust board

Why the Supporters Trust is still important

Before Andrew Fitton’s consortium bought the club the Trust adopted a high profile, campaigning role in an effort to remove the previous board. This reflected supporters’ concerns about the way the club was being run.
Now that the club is being honestly, efficiently and correctly run, the Trust no longer needs to adopt a confrontational approach and this means that we receive less publicity.
But the primary purpose for having a supporters trust is as valid as ever: to be the vehicle for giving fans a say in how our football club is run.
At the AGM the retiring board will ask members to agree to the following priorities for the coming year: to buy shares in the club in the name of TrustSTFC; to raise money for the Red Army Fund; and to represent to the club the supporters’ views on plans to redevelop the County Ground.

STFC rights issue

We intend to take up the club’s offer to sell us shares, which they have reserved for us from the recent rights issue. Pending members approval, we already have £10,000 set aside for this purpose and will use this to buy 10,000 shares in the Trust’s name. Eventually the aim is to have a minimum shareholding of 5%. This percentage will enable the Trust to call an AGM if STFC has not called one within the correct time frame. While the current owners are acting correctly, if they were sell in the future then a new owner – being majority shareholder – would have no need to call an AGM, so this shareholding would enable us to bring them to account if required. We’d also hope to be able to claim a seat for a supporters’ representative on the STFC board in the future. In the meantime there are regular meetings between the Trust’s officers and Nick Watki ns, Chief Executive of STFC, at which we can put forward fans’ views. These will carry more weight the more shares the Trust owns in the club, so we need your help to buy them.

We will discuss at the AGM how to raise the necessary funds to purchase the extra we require.
We are aware that some small shareholders were disenfranchised by the club’s recent share consolidation and others were aggrieved at seeing their shareholding reduced. We believe that they and other supporters who would like to own a stake in the club but who cannot afford to lay out substantial sums would be better served by helping the Trust increase its shareholding and influencing STFC decisions through the Trust.

Red Army Fund

The Trust manages and raises money for the Red Army Fund (RAF), which is made available to the club to increase the playing staff in times of need. Funds from the RAF are donated to pay all or part of the transfer fees or wages of new or loan players. The importance of this was shown last season, when we spent a substantial amount of the RAF to help bring in Gordon Greer on loan at a time when the manager’s budget was low. He proved to be a crucial signing, and has of course since gone on to become club captain. Building up the RAF will be another key objective in 2010.

County Ground Re-Development

2010 should see the next phase of the board’s ambitions to develop the County Ground. The Trust has a track record in this area, having drawn up its own plans for redevelopment in 2006. We have made these available to the club and we will ensure that members’ views are strongly represented as the situation develops.

We look forward to seeing you on the 8th Feb

From the Dark Side
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 15:21:38 »

Are there other ways I can renew my membership and/or make a donation, bank transfer?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 16:02:52 »

What's wrong with paypal? You don't have to have a paypal account I don't think.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 16:08:52 »

What's wrong with paypal? You don't have to have a paypal account I don't think.

So you do need a PayPal account?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 16:25:59 »

You can pay through paypal with your debit/credit card and no need for a paypal account. At least you could before. Try and and see what happens I guess 
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 16:28:52 »

I've asked someone to post an answer for you

From the Dark Side
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 16:33:07 »

Are there other ways I can renew my membership and/or make a donation, bank transfer?

You can pay direct to the TrustSTFC bank account :

Sort code : 08-92-99
A/c no. : 65076396
A/c name : TrustSTFC

Please quote your membership number on the renewal, so we know who the payment is from.

Or just PM me once the payment is made with your details.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 16:55:40 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 18:12:09 »

Cheers, will try and sort it out after payday.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 19:50:51 »

nothing but trouble makers. Is it a co-incidence that we only ever hear them when bad news comes out of the club?

NO TO THE TRUST

Things get better but they never get good
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 20:52:46 »

whos standing down? ive lost track of whos on the board.

/
W56196272
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 09:54:10 »

whos standing down? ive lost track of whos on the board.

Me for one. Unfonrtunately work has to take priority at the moment.

Its a shame because there is a real opportunity to achieve things which have been aims of the Trust for a long time lilke gaining a sizeable shareholding in the club, influencing the development of the County Ground etc...

People seem to have the idea that the Trust is only there to oppose bad management of the club, whereas it can achieve just as much if not more when the club is being run well.
china red

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 10:04:08 »

Me for one. Unfonrtunately work has to take priority at the moment.

Thanks for all the hard work!!

What happened to the trust message board?
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 10:10:13 »

At present the board is :

Andrew Hounsell, Andy Tuck, Alan Jones, John Ward, Paul Robson, Paul Wardell & Phil Stokes.
As it stands three or four of us are able to stand for re-election. Some definitely need to & will stand down & will no doubt let you know when they have finalised their decision.  Several of us also don't really have the time at present & would be willing to stand aside if someone else wishes to come on the board, but are willing to continue until that happens.
We therefore need others who are willing to join the Trust board & help out. If you are able to let us know.

I'm pretty sure I speak for us all though, when I say that we all still strongly belief that there is a need for the Trust. Not only to put forward supporters views & work with & help the club (eg. the Red Army Fund ), & any future ground redevelopments, but also to gain a shareholding & therefore a greater influence on the club. (ie Our initial aims & are objectives are still relevant if not more so)
Whilst we are fully supportive & appreciative of the current owners of STFC, we are also aware of how over time these things can change in the future. (eg. Portsmouth ).

« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:13:24 by Phil_S » Logged

From the Dark Side
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:33:17 »

Thanks for all the hard work!!

What happened to the trust message board?

It was virtually unused for months, then developed a problem with one of the database files. I didnt see much point in fixing it when the only use is got was Gerald winding people up!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:58:28 »

People seem to have the idea that the Trust is only there to oppose bad management of the club, whereas it can achieve just as much if not more when the club is being run well.
Relaunch slogan (for those who remember the old Yellow Pages ad):

"The Trust, it's not just there for the nasty things in football"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: