Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lescinel  (Read 22122 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 23:14:40 »

I'm not in the habit of scape-goating(?) players. Anyone at Charlton, or at Rovers away (Another game johnny must've missed, if he can't remember the last time LJF cost us points) would surely agree that Leschinel was the poorest player in our starting 11. That's not making him a scapegoat, that's an observation that's shared by many people.

How about Amankwaah's mistakes for the 3rd goal at Rovers and the 2nd at Charlton?

Anyway, I'm not saying LJF is faultless. I just think he gets far too much blame for his mistakes and people need to get off his back a bit. He has plenty of flashes of brilliance and Wilson needs to sort out his problems, whatever they are - though I'm convinced its mainly confidence and concentration which can be fixed with some work.

I'm not convinced another left back should be that high on our list in January as we've already got Sheehan and Kennedy. There are other areas that we are weaker in, we've no cover at centre back or right back at present for example.

Plus everyone seems to forget how well we're playing at the moment and our league position. Anyone would think we were near the drop zone with all the moaning about players and results.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 23:47:44 »

I take your point about the moaning, but with due respect a draw against nine men is a disaster and it rather overshadows some of the better performances.

Nobody is saying JFL cost us the game, or made one critical error. He was an error prone disaster and he has been nervy and shit in the last couple of games. Should we blame him for passing to nobody or into touch, crappy first touch, having to be told to run after an opposing player in his zone, or giving away possession by foul throwing? He did all that yesterday and even his crossing was shit.

At this present time he should be dropped as he isn't making the grade. That's not to say he won't ever make the grade because we have seen some good performances.

Just because Hutchinson and Revell played well at Brentford, doesn't mean they're quality.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 10:28:54 »

Lescinal for first goal scorer today then....lets all get behind him today,hes been poor at times but the last thing we  need is for players to get stick at home......some good posts on her looking at both aspects of him but todays massive for us regards to a playoff place so ime hoping the crowd is positive today.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 11:25:09 »

Lescinal for first goal scorer today then....lets all get behind him today,hes been poor at times but the last thing we  need is for players to get stick at home......some good posts on her looking at both aspects of him but todays massive for us regards to a playoff place so ime hoping the crowd is positive today.
Personally, I'd rather he just didn't play. But if he does I'll certainly be supportive rather than getting on his back - it doesn't do anybody any good.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 18:14:36 »

Any chance they'll play 3 in the middle at the back and use LJF and Manks as wing backs? Just a thought  Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 18:41:24 »

I'd imagine if he played 3 at the back Lescinel would make up one of those three. From memory he did well in that position against peterbrough last season, though i was very very very drunk at the time and he may have had a shocker

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 18:44:04 »

I'd imagine if he played 3 at the back Lescinel would make up one of those three. From memory he did well in that position against peterbrough last season, though i was very very very drunk at the time and he may have had a shocker

I was there too Dave (sober). I'm sure it was three at the back, he played well that day. You are talking about the away game I hope?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 18:44:38 »

Indeed i am

Things get better but they never get good
Spencer_White

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 19:30:37 »

Thats a good post. The only player I would write off at the moment is Hutchinson. Everyone else deserves our support. Lescinel has shown signs of promise. Its all positive.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 20:04:53 »

I reckon LJF would really benefit from a loan spell at a club a division or two below us, it could help with his confidence and his game. Though obviously not before we sort out our current defence shortage.

If he can sort out the mistakes and other bits and pieces he could be the best left back we've had for a while.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:17:58 »

I love LJF for all the same reason I came to hold my hands over my eyes whenever Ifil played towards the end of his time here.  He's pure footballing comedy, moments where he looks a world beater and then falls over the ball.  I think he's a rough diamond who needs a bit of shaping and getting first team football here will be helping that - he just needs to develop where Ifil went backwards.  If he was playing centre back I'd be more worried because full backs can get away with a bit more if we're honest.

I also think it says a lot about how far we've come that people think he's awful.  For the past 10 years he's certainly not anywhere near the worst to have pulled on the left back shirt, let alone a Town shirt.  I hope he comes good.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:42:58 »

I'm the other way Rob i think the fact he was a centre half initially is part of the reason he gets caught drifting back into his natural position.The times i have seen him play centre half are probably his better performances i have seen
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:48:04 »

Thats a good post. The only player I would write off at the moment is Hutchinson. Everyone else deserves our support. Lescinel has shown signs of promise. Its all positive.
Good post.Lescinel is still young. I agree he's got weaknesses but he's also got some pretty good plus points like he's a good crosser of the ball and he's got a good engine. He's well worth persevering with even if its as a squad player rather than first choice. .
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 01:16:34 »

Hutchinson is not crap, we just need to unlock his real time perception. At the moment he sees and does everything in slow motion.

In fact I reckon he'll be like Alan O'Brien on speed once we untap this forgotten potential.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 20:20:40 »

The guy must be suffering when he sees what's going on back in his homeland (Haiti).

Hope you're family and friends are ok LJF.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: