Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lescinel  (Read 22121 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:06:33 »

I'm obviously in the minority, or on my own, as I don't think LJF is anywhere near as bad as people make out. Its not like he is the only defender that makes mistakes, Amankwaah did yesterday and cost us 2 points whilst Greer has been off form recently.

LJF is still pretty young and hasn't played many games, plus he is far better than when he first came here. He seems to have the potential, Wilson just needs to sort out his concentration and confidence.

I don't think he is as bad as some make him out to be but he does make a lot of mistakes. A lot more than the rest of the team. His positional sense isn't great and he can't deal with balls over the top.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:07:16 »

He cant fucking defend

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:15:02 »

I don't think he is as bad as some make him out to be but he does make a lot of mistakes. A lot more than the rest of the team. His positional sense isn't great and he can't deal with balls over the top.
I think every team in the division seems to have realised this now, as it is a glaringly obvious weakness in our defence. Brighton and Charlton (with 10 and 11 players) looked to exploit this and I'm sure Yeovil will do the same if LJF starts again. He's not atrocious, and as some have said he has good attacking qualities, but that doesn't legitimise playing him at LB. I'd start with Sheehan at the back and O'Brien on the wing, but wouldn't be against trying LJF as a midfielder.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:36:07 »

scape goat.

how many goals did he cost us yesterday? 0

goals came down the middle and our right.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:42:49 »

Scapegoat- he is not the only one of the defence to make errors- Amanwaah did yesterday and Greer looked well off the pace.

The difference is Lescinel does it consistantly, and as a poster said above the opposition have found out he is the weakest link- was at Rovers and they looked to exploit this as well.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:45:05 »

we're doomed.

when OB is fully fit I doubt Lescinel will even play.

Why not start a thread about Amankwaah and Greer to.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:48:25 »

Come off it DV. Obviously  its not all JFL's fault, but a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. And 95% of the time he has no idea where abouts he is in relation to the man he's supposed to be marking.

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:50:03 »

yeah, Wilson Out.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 15:05:00 »

If a goal comes down his side of the pitch LJF seems to get all of the blame, what about the rest of the defence? The Rovers game is a good example. If LJF was caught out of position on the first goal, what about Greer's positioning - he was stood 5 yards further up the pitch than LJF when the ball was played through. The second goal should have been covered by the central defenders, again though Greer had gone walkabout.

I can't remember the last time LJF cost us points, like Amankwaah did yesterday.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 15:24:20 »

As I've already said elsewhere, goals against are happening because we stand off our opponents too much as a team.

Lescinel has been poor in recent games and I think it is foolish to think otherwise. Greer's form has also dropped.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 15:43:51 »

As I've already said elsewhere, goals against are happening because we stand off our opponents too much as a team.

Lescinel has been poor in recent games and I think it is foolish to think otherwise. Greer's form has also dropped.

Last season after Boxing Day at Orient we'd conceded 19 away goals from 11 games, this season 18. 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 15:52:53 »

My point applies to home goals too Reg.

We're better than last season by a mile. Don't really get the point of your silly stat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 15:56:22 »

My point applies to home goals too Reg.

We're better than last season by a mile. Don't really get the point of your silly stat.

I would agree we are better, but how good are we? 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 16:08:09 »

Good enough that we should be happy with our team, our manager, our performance and our league position.

Good enough that we should probably get behind our team and support them.

Good enough that perhaps we single out the positives rather than the negatives.

Every single player related thread sees to be *players name here* he is so crap, he isnt good enough, get rid of him, bring in better.

How many threads have been started praising Paynters recent run of goals, or Alan O'Briens impact since he came back from  injury or the fact Jon-Paul McGorvern has been fucking awesome this season.

I dont know what is wrong with our fanbase, we always seem to have something to moan about. Yesterday wasnt great but overall this has been our best season for fucking years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 16:21:35 »

I think with the transfer window coming up its fair enough to discuss who we think isn't good enough, or at least where we need to strengthen.

For me a left back or left winger (asuming we keep Sheehan for longer) and a striker or two are a must.

A also think expectations have been raised by our excellent league position. We want the playoffs, however unrealistic they are!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: