Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Hughes  (Read 4738 times)
iffy

« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 09:56:00 »

That article says their long-term target is Wenger. They're in dreamland. He wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Especially when he could get the Real Madrid job by making a phonecall.

The way he sold them Toure and Adebayor at massively inflated prices gives you a good idea what he thinks of them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 10:15:46 »

"You can't Mark Hughes". I sign that appeared in a cup final that confused me for an hour. I was young and stupid. I'm not so young now.

Anyway back to the point. Wenger or no Wenger money can buy you success. But you have to get the right man for the job. Not sure they have that yet and not sure who they would get. A Mourinho type I think, but I'm sure he's holding out for the United job.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:02:15 »

Gary Cook. Now there's a man who's just one letter away from a far more appropriate name
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:18:09 »

"You can't Mark Hughes". I sign that appeared in a cup final that confused me for an hour. I was young and stupid. I'm not so young now.

Doubtless a reference to the writings of the influential Marxist philospher Herbert Marcuse.

In his seminal 60's treatise on damaging nature of capitalism on the individual...One Dimensional Man...he foretold the treatment of the erstwhile Man City manager as a commodity, rather than a person.

I'll always be grateful to Brian Marwood for his diving header against the Shitheads.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:30:15 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes ends up at Liverpool.  Lets face it, the way things are going Benitez can't last much longer....can he?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:32:52 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes ends up at Liverpool.  Lets face it, the way things are going Benitez can't last much longer....can he?

Can they afford to sack him?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:33:47 »

Two things keeping Benitez in a job:
1) They can't afford the pay-off. They're barely servicing the debt the fuckwit Americans landed them with to fund their takeover
2) In order to sack him, the fuckwit Americans would have to both be in the same room (or on the same phoneline) at the same time and actually agree on something
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:33:48 »

I'd be very surprised by that...Hughes's ManUre past surely would rule him out.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:49:04 »

Long term i'd say that Everton would be a sensible move for Hughes,especially if Moyes takes
over from Fergie.Hughes had a season or two at Goodison at the end of his career.

As an alternative, Newcastle could be an interesting port of call,especially if they have money
to spend in the future. The rollercoaster springs to mind  Smiley

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:41:52 »

I hope this works out as well for City as Sacking Peter Reid some years back.

Relegation within 2 years & 3rd Division football again.

Presumably if Mancini doesn't make the Top 4 he will be out at the end of the season.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:43:47 »

all jumping the bandwagon now? eh.  :-)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:51:12 »

I hope this works out as well for City as Sacking Peter Reid some years back.

Relegation within 2 years & 3rd Division football again.

Presumably if Mancini doesn't make the Top 4 he will be out at the end of the season.

You decide

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6853412/Roberto-Mancini-takes-over-at-Manchester-City-with-doubts-about-his-future.html
iffy

« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:42:57 »

The people running Man City are such a bunch of clueless dongs. Just about the only thing left for them to do is hire Peter Kenyon.
richt1976

« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:48:09 »

The thing that is really getting my goat about the whole Mancini this is that it keeps being reported that he won three league titles while at Inter. He didnt. He won one, the other two were handed to Inter because of the misdemeanors of others. So in the true sense, he won jack-shit for those two years! Realistically he only won the league the next year because Juve had been relegated and AC docked points. He got lucky by being in charge of the third best team at a time when the other two were handicapped (By their own cheating, admittedly!!)

Its a little thing, but annoys the tits off me!!! (Sorry, slow day at work!)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:52:16 »

What amazes me is that Mancini was quite happy to accept the job with Hughes still in place and wait around for Hughes to be sacked and walk straight in, I thought managers at least had ethics and although they may be interestedin the job actually wait until the present incumbent was sacked before accepting the job.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: