Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaway Curry in Swindon  (Read 76234 times)
nochee

« Reply #60 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 22:55:31 »

Yes they do, and its quite a pleasant walk/stagger back to Shaw.

Probably this lot, very clean there from what i remember!

http://www.tamarindswindon.co.uk/

That's the one. It's a shame they are stuck out in the middle of nowhere.  Wink
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 23:10:34 »

That's the one. It's a shame they are stuck out in the middle of nowhere.  Wink

Yes, although with Highworth being the hive of activity that it is you could always go to, er, Co-op, whilst you are there, assuming Tesco have not yet gobbled that up

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 20:32:38 »

Had a sit down meal in Jack spice tonight.12 quid each. Have had better but was very  decent. Great value for an eat in
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 20:34:57 by arriba » Logged
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, July 16, 2012, 23:47:42 »

I think that is where most of the missing cats round our way end up, or Shaw Kebab.

The best one round here for miles is Peatmoor, think its the Bombay Lounge, they do charity nights with STFC from time to time too

I've followed this thread with a bit of interest, so I had a couple of deliveries from Curry Cottage that were very good. I must try Peatmoor or another to compare.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 16:50:54 »

Mrs and daughter are in manchester at a dance comp,son round his girlfriends, so i'm getting a curry in. trying aby's for a change as they seem well rated on just eat. Will update results later
Sussex

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 16:54:33 »

Trying out Taza for the first time tonight. It's not in Swindon so I won't bother letting you know what it's like.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 17:12:19 »

Mrs and daughter are in manchester at a dance comp,son round his girlfriends, so i'm getting a curry in. trying aby's for a change as they seem well rated on just eat. Will update results later

always been a fan mate!
Barry Scott

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 17:41:44 »

It's pretty good. But then I remember you saying Bhaji's is good (which I thought was one of the worst curries I've had) so I think they're all perhaps a touch inconsistent or better at certain times of the day/week than others.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 18:03:59 »

Just finished(for now) and I'd agree with pretty good.

Portion sizes are very generous. My vindaloo was loaded with chicken and well spiced(quite a thick sauce compared to what i'm used to but that wasn't a minus) Best part of the meal easily.

My tikka starter didn't look or taste like it had been cooked in a tandoori oven and was not very good although by no means dreadful. Minus points for not being cooked traditionally and being a bit soggy.
Also the veg rice had frozen chopped mixed veg in it rather than the fresh varied veg Curry Cottage use and what i'm used to. Was still nice though and again loads of it.

Delivered in good time and i couldn't finish it off in one go so will return to it later.
Nice but still looking for something to top Curry Cottage.

Bazza,aint had a bhaji's for 2-3 years. Gone downhill?
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 18:10:03 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 18:09:29 »

I am getting a Lalbagh delivered a little later.

For me its the best in Swindon.....they never overdo the actual curry spice and the Saracens Special is to die for....with mushroom rice and some sag aloo and Bombey potato.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 18:15:48 »

Anyone use the curry place in rodbourne?
Nearly went for that one and have heard they are good.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 18:20:50 »

Yep a while ago....not bad at all though i am no curry expert.

Just looked them up and suprisingly to me they have been there twenty odd years now
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 19:02:25 »

Anyone use the curry place in rodbourne?
Nearly went for that one and have heard they are good.

Yep all the time. Best takeaway curry in Swindon in my opinion and got 5 stars in health and hygiene awards. So that helps!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Barry Scott

« Reply #73 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 17:18:32 »

Bazza,aint had a bhaji's for 2-3 years. Gone downhill?

Don't know to be honest. I've eaten from there 3 times, but hadn't for a while until a week or so ago and it was still as bad as I remember it. Could just be a consistency thing, or just the way the do certain dishes. Their Dhansak, has a chemical like taste, a bit like you get with supermarket curry. I've also had a vindaloo which was the same.

I've heard others say it's good, so I'll just presume it's a spot of bad luck on my part. I won't use them again though.
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 19:11:02 »

lahore in vic road, heard good things about it and ordered over the weekend..very very impressed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: