Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Third Kit  (Read 11177 times)
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:00:46 »

Pardon me for intruding once again. It's a very aesthetically superb design. On a previous thread there was a link to a company producing replica shirts. Any design, badges, logo, colour - even long-sleeved. It might be a tad expensive, but so's £40 and hey, it's Christmas. Can anyone come up with the link ?

I think this is it Hammer. You may need to look around but they have the blue top and a long sleeve version of it.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/depthome.asp?depthome=adidas-shirts&ALT=adidas-Football-Kits
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:37:14 »

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-052-001-485&DEPT=052&BRAND=001&SS=1&GROUP=SS

26 quid.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:47:25 »

They're for the current third kit. I think Hammer was trying to source the old 80's Adidas kit.

I've tried but can only come up with the old 40's-60's shirts from Toffs.

The club is missing a trick here, now the kit's made by Adidas, why not get them to manufacture the old 80's kit as a retro line and sell it in the club shop?

I'd buy it.

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:06:00 »

Me too. I fucking love that kit.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:11:28 »

There is no way we'd sell enough of them to make it worth Adidas themselves re-making the kit. I wonder if Adidas would let us get another company to produce it instead. I'm sure there is some sweat shop in India that could do a 1,000 or so on the cheap.

Maybe surprising that Adidas don't do a range of old skool football kits. They'd sell shit loads as they've reached cool status nowadays.

Toffs wouldn't add the Adidas stripes to the sleeves.

I'm 99.99% certain that Adidas have a water tight copyright on sports gear with 3 stripes. Hence why you'll see stuff with 2 or 4 stripes but never 3, unless its Adidas.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:13:14 by jonny72 » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 16:03:21 »

Really stripes copyright! Shows how fucked up this world is.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 17:58:47 »

One left in the shop as of about 1330 this afternoon. Not sure what size, but didn't look massive, so S I reckons. Looks nice.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 18:08:16 »

I recreated the home shirt from that season (exactly the same, but in red) - I bought a plain Adidas shirt off eBay, and had the STFC badge embroidered onto it. It's not 100% accurate as the collar isn't wide enough. There are surprisingly few of them on eBay, otherwise I would have had more done.

Nottingham Forest wore the same shirt in the European Cup final.

Toffs wouldn't add the Adidas stripes to the sleeves.

how many did this cost you to make? any photos?
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 23:08:33 »

Adidas already do some retro shirts in the Originals collection - the Bayern Munich one from 80/81 is almost the same - just round necked instead of the chunky v-neck.
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/content.jsp?pid=201

I've got a photo of my recreated shirt on another PC, will get it and post it here.  I think I paid about £40 or £50 for the two plain shirts, then it cost £25 to have them both embroidered, but most of this was a one-off cost to have the embroidery set up - think it was £2.50 for each one after that... it was a few years ago now.  I've worn it to a few away games.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 08:28:54 »

Really stripes copyright! Shows how fucked up this world is.
not really. If you saw three stripes on clothing what would you think?

On that note it has caused a bit of a lovers tiff between adidas and several top sports companies. Nike and Puma both took the huff and got the stripes banned for the Olympics as they are larger than the legal size for sponsors logos in the olympics (cant remember the exact dimentions that logos can be). Adidas also too nike to court for putting two stripes on a range of their clothing.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 14:39:05 »

ahhh found it....

in 2005 adidas accused the US Polo Association, fashion designer Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie & Fitch Co. before courts in the US of infringing the three stripe trademark with clothes and shoes with two stripe designs.

In 2006, the District Court of Cologne, ruled that Nike and German clothing manufacturer Tom Tailor had infringed upon adidas' three stripe trademark.

Adidas complained that two stripe designs by Nike and Tom Tailor were too similar to its three stripe trademark. In Nike's case two parallel stripes appeared stitched along the seam of workout pants, while in Tom Tailor's case two stripes were stitched along the sleeve of a jacket. The court ordered Nike and Tom Tailor to discontinue selling the offending clothes and fined Nike with € 1 million and Tom Tailor with € 500,000 in damages

In a prelude to the 2006 Olympic Winter Games, Nike, Puma (founded in 1948 by Adi Dassler’s brother Rudolf), Reebok and the Pentland Group (Speedo, Ellesse) took legal action against adidas’ Olympic preferential treatment before the International Olympic Committee in Lausanne, Switzerland.

For more than forty years, the three stripes have appeared on athletes’ dress, while other logos were limited in size to 20 centimeters. This was because the three stripes were considered a design motif and not a logo, like the Nike swoosh or the Puma cougar.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 09:48:55 »

Yep

Things get better but they never get good
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 10:04:55 »

i was a bit naughty and produced a one-off home made ibiza 2006 shirt, then wanked all over it whilst crying i wasn't there Sad

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 12:36:34 »

Has anyone got one of the official STFC tour of Ibiza shirts from 2006?
what did they look like?

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 13:30:41 »

mine looks all white now - snigger

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: