Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson: Tactics vs. Personnel  (Read 5406 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 10:17:04 »

I think it is more that Reg has just come back from the pub looking at the timings.

Cant see Wilson getting the sack myself but saying that if we are knocked out of all cup competitions by early November and start slipping towards relegation (only 6pts off) it could be another Malpas situation.

Good spot Dell.

The Clap police are very touchy this morning.

I did say I thought we'd be OK for a draw at Prenton...I'd call that reckless optimism  Grin
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 11:52:35 »

I think it is more that Reg has just come back from the pub looking at the timings.
Ah, fair do's. Even so .....

[url width=250 height=254]http://curtharding.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/eeyore1.jpg[/url]
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:05:23 »

Dont you ever call me a happy clapper you senile old git.

Wilson is arguably the safest manager in the division, Fitton has found the right man for the job.

We are so much better than last year and we are only a couple of players short of a winning formula. I reckon Obrien bombing down the left macnamee on the right and paynter/revell/austin in the middle we are sorted.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 14:10:11 »

Agree with King of Tonga.

With the players we have 4-3-3 is our most effective formation. I dont see the point in playing 2 up front when none of them look like Scoring anyway. I'd rather we had 3 in centre mid to try and control the game, which at times has worked very well this season.

The issue has been that 2 of our wingers and fastest players (obrien, macklin) got injured and we loaned Marshall out (why?  he's not that great but he's better than hutchinson / Tope on the wing) meaning that macca is our only fit natural winger. Neither Revell or Paynter will score loads, but will both work hard in the lone front man role and are interchaneable.

The other benefit of playing 4-3-3 is that it has produced JPM's best spell of form for the club and he has looked the player capable of playing a killer ball.

Team for Saturday:

Lucas

Amankwaah
Greer
Cuthbert
Lescinel

Easton / Timlin
Ferry
JPM

Macca
O'Brien (if fit)
Paynter / Revell

Sussex

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 14:26:59 »

With the players we have 4-3-3 is our most effective formation. I dont see the point in playing 2 up front when none of them look like Scoring anyway. I'd rather we had 3 in centre mid to try and control the game, which at times has worked very well this season.

The issue has been that 2 of our wingers and fastest players (obrien, macklin) got injured and we loaned Marshall out (why?  he's not that great but he's better than hutchinson / Tope on the wing) meaning that macca is our only fit natural winger. Neither Revell or Paynter will score loads, but will both work hard in the lone front man role and are interchaneable.

The other benefit of playing 4-3-3 is that it has produced JPM's best spell of form for the club and he has looked the player capable of playing a killer ball.

Team for Saturday:

Lucas

Amankwaah
Greer
Cuthbert
Lescinel

Easton / Timlin
Ferry
JPM

Macca
O'Brien (if fit)
Paynter / Revell

Where the fuck have you been. Prison?

Oh yeah. 4-3-3 etc...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 14:46:44 »

Cheesy

I'd still have been posting if I was in prison. They get high speed internet, playstations and SKY HD in there these days (so I hear)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 16:48:40 »

The issue has been that 2 of our wingers and fastest players (obrien, macklin) got injured and we loaned Marshall out (why?  he's not that great but he's better than hutchinson / Tope on the wing) meaning that macca is our only fit natural winger.

I know a lot of people don't rate Marshall (I do, especially as he is improving all the time) but even so, its bizarre that we haven't recalled him from loan due to our current winger shortage. Sure he might not start (though with a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation I'd say he should) but having him as an option on the bench would be useful just as cover for McNamee.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 17:42:12 »

O'Brien is nearing fitness isn't he. That puts him, McNamee, JPM and rightly or wrongly Topi ahead of him
Talk Talk

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 20:13:57 »

He looked fucking keen and hungry when he came on yesterday. Him and the Leapy Cock made a hell of a change to the whole feel of the game  Smiley

Fingers, toes and bollocks crossed, I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

I stand by this. Give Austin 45 minutes at Tranmere at least.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 21:00:05 »

O'Brien is nearing fitness isn't he. That puts him, McNamee, JPM and rightly or wrongly Topi ahead of him

Except Tope is playing out of position (maybe due to the lack of another wing option) and JPM has been as well (due to Douglas suspension) so at the moment he'd kind of be behind only McNamee.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 22:04:09 »

Dont you ever call me a happy clapper you senile old git.

Wilson is arguably the safest manager in the division, Fitton has found the right man for the job.

We are so much better than last year and we are only a couple of players short of a winning formula. I reckon Obrien bombing down the left macnamee on the right and paynter/revell/austin in the middle we are sorted.

The backs good..the middles good...................the fronts pants,get that sorted and agree we will have a very good side.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 00:15:00 »

Team for Saturday:

Lucas

Amankwaah
Greer
Cuthbert
Lescinel

Easton / Timlin
Ferry
JPM

Macca
O'Brien (if fit)
Paynter / Revell

Wilson will go 4:4:2, starting Billy, and will give Charlie a good run out in the second half.  Macca won't start. 

4:3:3/4:5:1 will be terminated.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 00:17:11 by Crozzer » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 08:00:43 »

433/451 has no balance when we play macnamee on the right and tope on the left. one wants to play up front and one wants to do step overs

plus when we resort to long aimless punts up field if the main striker can win the ball it just goes to their keeper anyway

i'd prefer to see 442 but i have no idea who would start on the right

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 08:02:52 »

I think we should line up 3-1-6. Bound to score a couple then

Things get better but they never get good
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 08:04:54 »

you're a madman

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: