Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson's signings....  (Read 5877 times)
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 17:49:37 »

Both of them are better than Sturrock, Joyce, Razak and Corr which is the direction we want to be heading. I actually think given half a chance Tope could really come good.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 18:07:19 »

Both of them are better than Sturrock, Joyce, Razak and Corr which is the direction we want to be heading. I actually think given half a chance Tope could really come good.

It's a fair point but the problem is they're not permanent signings.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 18:09:33 »

I  take your point  but to be honest I dont think either of them are better than a fit Barry Corr

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 18:20:51 »

I  take your point  but to be honest I dont think either of them are better than a fit Barry Corr
which is rarer than seeing a unicorn Smiley

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 18:26:43 »

I am sure that I saw a unicorn sometime late Friday night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 22:12:21 »

Tope won't have the time to come good, unless he stays until the end of the season. He has the right credentials on paper, is a very rough diamond on the pitch but there is no point in trying to dribble round the whole opposition, run into trouble and lose the ball.

He does seem to cause problems and pull defenders out of position, but the ball rarely ends up with the free man because it's given away. I'd much prefer to see Macklin being played as I don't think Tope is any better and Macklin is one of our own.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 7, 2009, 01:52:58 »

Tope won't have the time to come good, unless he stays until the end of the season. He has the right credentials on paper, is a very rough diamond on the pitch but there is no point in trying to dribble round the whole opposition, run into trouble and lose the ball.

He does seem to cause problems and pull defenders out of position, but the ball rarely ends up with the free man because it's given away. I'd much prefer to see Macklin being played as I don't think Tope is any better and Macklin is one of our own.
i agree with what you say macklin should be playing instead of tope i dont think tope will come back IMO which will give macklin the chance to shine. hopefully that miss on the weekend wont mess with his head.
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 7, 2009, 11:54:19 »

Macklin's pace could scare alot of defences this season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 7, 2009, 12:08:45 »

Macklin's pace could scare alot of defences this season.

It will but his finishing wont scare a lot of keepers!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 7, 2009, 12:15:17 »

It will but his finishing wont scare a lot of keepers!
I think he just needs a goal. The chance at Yeovil was harder than it looked, with two defenders closing him down. It's hard to know, but it might just need him to grab a tap-in or something to get a bit of confidence in front of goal
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 7, 2009, 15:55:04 »

Macklin seems to not quite have the right attitude yet, i think having him in the squad and letting him develope further in the reserves and the League Trophy would stand him in better stead. Tope is not our player and so in the little time is here may aswel give him the game time to get the best out of him. Bolton regard him highly and none of our squad have featured for England at any level in recent years so i truly believe a few more games if we keep him and he could be handy for us this season.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: