Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 3602 times)
McLovin

« on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 09:28:43 »

Who is Mike Diamondis and why is he seen as a bad bloke?
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 09:55:51 »

Some greek fella who works of SSW as far as I can tell. He basically seems to be ruinning the club, but no-one really knows who he is. His track record in business is a little shaky.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge can add some detail to that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 10:44:39 »

Piemonte has pretty much summed up what I know. Works out of Newbury, hence why our club is registered there with companies house.

Also I think I recall him being involved with Dunwoody Sports marketing (DGI), makers of the marvellous potato sack spunge kit a couple of years ago. The one  that soaked up the rain and made you a couple of stone heavier.

As the pie said, he seems to be sitting in the backgrounf pulling the strings and advising the Wills family
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 11:20:23 »

I've found a picture of him....

http://karl-vock.at/dmc_2003/winner_3/images/5_20814_Pantomime3.jpg
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 13:37:32 »

Michael Diamandis is SSW's "adviser" and pretty much runs the show. Sandy Grey is his appointee, she done the accounts for his other companies (most of which went tits up), as is Bob Holt who he was until recently running a print business with in Cornwall (more on that later). He also runs Dunwoody Sports Marketing (now being sued by Richard Dunwoody who fell out with Diamandis and wants his name back) which is why a couple of years ago Dunwoody Sports Marketing had directors on the STFC board and those "sackcloth" kits we had a couple of years ago were branded DGI (Dunwoody Goal International being a joint venture between DSM and the kit manfacturer, Goal). And Devlin was apparently one of his cronies, knew him from QPR when Devlin was commerical director and DSM was doing their progs.
Up until November he was disqualified from acting as a director, after one of his previous businesses, a printing firm up North somewhere, failed so spectacularly that the DTI investigated and prosecuted him, getting a ruling that he be banned from running any business or acting as a director for five years. So in that time he had to run his business interests through shadow directors such as Sandy Grey. And as I understood at the time that was why the Trust kicked up such a fuss about him being involved at STFC two or three years ago (with the "head up arse" leaflet) because he was a disqualified director who was effectively running the club and there was worries that even if this wasn't illegal (which it might be, but I ain't a lawyer) then the League might not be best pleased about it, specially after the points deduction stuff all them years ago.

About a year or so ago, Micky (in the name of DSM) bought out a print business in Cornwall and Micky the Greek sent Bob Holt to run it for him, which is why Bob Holt could only be a part-time chief exec, cos he was too busy trying to pull Micky's printing business out of the crap. It collapsed like all his businesses do eventually and DSM put it into administration. Its just been bought out on the usual "quid plus all assets and debts" basis by one of it's former employees.

So that's why Bob Holt aint around and we've been left with Sandy "Wot No Vat?" Grey - either he invested in this print firm and had a bustup with Micky D when it went belly or else Micky trusted him to run it and gave him the push when it failed.

And that's who Micky D is. Multiple failed entrepeneur and according to him an expert on football marketing, like you can tell from the birlliant advertsing the club does and the ticket prices and so on. But apparently SSW trusts him completely and so he's got the club by the balls.

This was posted by West London Red on MOS a while back as an answer to this very question......sums it up perfectly.
McLovin

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:05:27 »

Thanks, Reg.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:28:56 »

As much as I love SSW for keeping the club going it does seem that Mike "Richard Branson" Diamondis record in business isnt the greatest. But if SSW trusts him what can we do?

I'm not sure rocking the boat as far as SSW is concerned is really the right thing to do right now.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:00:30 »

I thought he was banned for trading while insolvent

Dunwoody Sports Marketing do our program as well as QPR's and I think Oldham, also Gloucester and bath rugby clubs.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:35:09 »

So we're in safe hands by the sound of it.

That's nice know. :|
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:41:48 »

I like eggs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:45:05 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
As much as I love SSW for keeping the club going it does seem that Mike "Richard Branson" Diamondis record in business isnt the greatest. But if SSW trusts him what can we do?

I'm not sure rocking the boat as far as SSW is concerned is really the right thing to do right now.

We didn't - we suggested a fan's rep on the board might be a nice idea and Micky D had a massive hissy fit and got SSW to sign it. Honestly, a simple "No" would have done. Erm, I'm simplifying of course.

We've put a full statement (which we hope is fairly positive and non-provocative to either the Wills family or their advisers) on our website which we think sets out a reasonable response to the "SSW statement". We're not interested in having a public spat with either the club or the Wills family - that would only be harmful to both the club and the Trust.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:45:35 »

I came away feeling at least some optimism....things aren't great....but at least SSW is a fan and cares about the club...and I'm sure he and his people are at least doing the best they can, for the common good.

I'd certainly rather be in our shoes than a club like the scum..where, although they might be financially stable, the price is to have had the heart and soul stripped from the club and to be solely in the hands of one individual, who clearly has no real interest in the club.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:47:32 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I came away feeling at least some optimism....things aren't great....but at least SSW is a fan and cares about the club...and I'm sure he and his people are at least doing the best they can, for the common good.

I'd certainly rather be in our shoes than a club like the scum..where, although they might be financially stable, the price is to have had the heart and soul stripped from the club and to be solely in the hands of one individual, who clearly has no real interest in the club.

....Like when Brady and Donegan were in charge for example?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 15:49:37 »

Very much like that...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 16:04:26 »

Heh heh!

Forum Encyclopedia Cool

I only just spotted that.