Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Premier League Managers having a Whinge Thread 2009/10  (Read 770 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:16:03 »

Wenger - and others, but particularly Wenger - really starting to get on my nerves now.  Any defeat has to be met with the customary whinge.  I'll set the ball rolling.

Wenger: Nobody Loves Me

Whatever happened to taking it on the chin?  The stiff upper lip...learning from it, putting it down to experience and coming back stronger next time?

Not a bit of it.  A defeat these days (if you're a Premier League manager) has to be protested with the moral outrage of an abuse victim.  Time people like this (Premier League managers, not abuse victims) put a sock in it, in my view.

Do feel free to add your own examples below.  By the end of the season we should have quite a compendium.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:17:49 by Ardiles » Logged
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:20:14 »

Looks like I'll be having fun with the Arsenal Mafia at work tomorrow again.

I walked in on Thursday, casually spat out "cheating bastard" and that set them off on an hour long debate to which those two words were my sole contribution.

Not sure what the two word trigger will be tomorrow. Basil Fawlty maybe? Any suggestions?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:26:44 »

Stiff upper lip? He's French! Not British Smiley and he's no different to his enemy Ferguson really.

I enjoyed his standing amongst the Manchester United fans when he was needlessly sent to the stands for kicking a bottle (!?!) - even a good few of the United fans applauded him (accept a fat woman who seemed to steam down to where Wenger was just to shout "Oi, off, off, off, off").

I like a bit of whinging.... I like how it winds people up when really those who are offended should really take it on the chin or ignore it too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: