Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson says 2 players in the next 24hours  (Read 15949 times)
swindon247

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 08:56:05 »

ipswich put 3 player on the transfer list
Jon Stead striker
Alan Quinn and Owen Garvan midfield
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:02:41 »

jon stead was a league one legend on fm07 for me...

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:04:13 »

I've not been following Byfield's progress recently.  (Last I knew, he was playing for Gillingham!)  Interested why Oldham have released him.  Is he not as good as their other strikers?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:20:56 »

I've not been following Byfield's progress recently.  (Last I knew, he was playing for Gillingham!)  Interested why Oldham have released him.  Is he not as good as their other strikers?

Including loans Byfield has had 13 different clubs...rising 33, he's certainly not what we want unless it's a panic measure.
kaufman

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:23:35 »

Both are loans so it won't be byefield
glos_robin

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:34:59 »

So the best case is 2 loans and Trundle I would presume? Should hopefully give us more options and a few more goals.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:44:05 »

I'd take that Glos_Robin.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 09:53:40 »

Must admit that I get really disappointed with getting loan players in. I know that sometimes it ends up with the player joining permanently, but more often than not, they just buzz off somewhere else. Its just not quite the same as having your own player.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:01:36 »

Must admit that I get really disappointed with getting loan players in. I know that sometimes it ends up with the player joining permanently, but more often than not, they just buzz off somewhere else. Its just not quite the same as having your own player.

I'm inclined to agree..last season we avoided loan players until the Jan window, by which time it was obvious we needed something to keep us up....this season feels a bit like 05/06 when we started the season with 3 or 4 loanees in the side.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:03:47 »

If the loan signings are of the quality of Cox and Greer it's no matter. We also managed to get those two on permanent signings after their loan spells.
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:10:29 »

wont be Byfield, still remember when he took Rhys Evans out. Angry

2 loans is better than no one, a midfielder and a striker is ideal to bolster the squad.

If there any good then try and land them on permanent deals, dont really want a repeat of the Darius Henderson case.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:12:51 »

Fucking hell NMH.

People whinge and bitch that we need players, then when we do it still ain't good enough
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:14:13 »

I agree BR lets fucking trust DW for once, he knows best I am sure of who we can get and who we can't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:17:17 »

If the loan signings are of the quality of Cox and Greer it's no matter. We also managed to get those two on permanent signings after their loan spells.

Agree it's not necessarily a bad thing to get loan players, especially if you can sign them later on, as it gives you a chance to see them...but more often than not you don't end up signing them.

Let's consider Tope...would we want to sign him?  Hasn't really looked that great, if he did we'd have no chance, but is he any better than Macklin, so is denying him an opportunity.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:29:30 »

Tope is shit. I was praying that he was proper hurt so we could send him back. I would rather start Billy Bodin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: