Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in....  (Read 2601 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:35:10 »

I can take pictures on my iPhone and then upload them immediately to an online photo gallery.

So I'm thinking about using this to do a real time picture feed from home games (and away games if I go to any). As I've got an older 3G iPhone the picture quality won't be great and I can't zoom in, but they're not too bad. I took a few pictures at the Southampton game to give an example of what it would be like....

18/08 Swindon vs Southampton

I don't want to waste my time doing it if no one would be looking at them so I need to know that at least one person will make use of it. So let me know if you would find this useful.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:46:13 »

cool

good idea mate
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:47:30 »

Sounds a good idea. I would certainly look as I don't go to many of the games.

Tried to click on it at work and it told me to use a newer browser!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:47:52 »

i would look too, go for it, if there was a link we could send them too we could all do it?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 14:03:43 »

i would look too, go for it, if there was a link we could send them too we could all do it?

I was thinking about that as well. I'm happy to allow others to upload photos, I've adjusted the settings to allow this but it looks like you need to upload via a web browser or email - so its not as quick and simple as it would be if you were uploading to your own album. If someone wants to try it out this is the email address link for the album:

18/08 Swindon vs Southampton

On an iPhone to upload via email you select the photo, then the upload icon (the arrow pointing to the right), then email photo, then add the above email address and then send. There will be a new email address for each game / album.

To save clogging up my gallery, I'll probably move the album to a website a week or two after the game and then leave them there permanently.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 14:06:42 »

Sounds a good idea. I would certainly look as I don't go to many of the games.

Tried to click on it at work and it told me to use a newer browser!!

Yeah me too. Is this all just a ploy to get us to download safari?  Huh?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 14:11:01 »

Yeah me too. Is this all just a ploy to get us to download safari?  Huh?

Just click the button to carry on. It says I needed firefox 1.5 or above which I am using anyway!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 14:27:31 »

It should work ok with other browsers, but you need a recent'ish one as MobileMe makes heavy use of (I think) JavaScript. I think you need Safari v3, Firefox v2 or Internet Explorer v7. Or maybe an even later version.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 14:28:01 »

Just click the button to carry on. It says I needed firefox 1.5 or above which I am using anyway!

Doh, never saw that! Great pics!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 14:35:19 »

Seen the pics now.

It is a good idea. Shame the picture quality isn't a little better but I think it is worthwhile and would be appreciated by those not at games.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:04:22 »

Whereas it's a nice thought, and an interesting technical exercise,I think  there is a limit to the interest to be generated by long range 'phone camera' quality pictures.

For that reason, I'm out.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:46:46 »

I like it, and I think you were sat not far from me!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 16:51:49 »

As somebody who can't even get the highlights from the beeb in this modern world, I'd be very very interested.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 17:06:09 »

Looks good johnny, cracking idea.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 17:16:52 »

Looks like there is a good few people that are interested so I'll definitely be doing it. I like the idea of making it more of a community thing with others uploading photo's as well if they want to, either during or after the game.

Keep the comments and suggestions coming and I'll get everything sorted and ready for the next home game - details on how to access the gallery, how to upload your own photo's and so on. Or if someone going to the next away game will be taking pictures and wants to upload them, I'll get it ready for that instead.

I'm pretty certain the MobileMe gallery can handle video as well so I'll look in to that as well - I can take a camera to the game to shoot some video and to take some better quality pictures.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: