Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County trying to run before they can crawl?  (Read 44781 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 08:33:21 »

Notts County now put up for sale by the owners.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 08:40:33 »

The Mirror reckon Eriksson himself will buy them.

Shame it's the mirror, as that would be quite fun.
Doore

« Reply #182 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 08:59:59 »

This whole affair has seemed ridiculous from the start and has turned Notts County in to a laughing stock.  At least its not us...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 09:04:04 »

This whole affair has seemed ridiculous from the start and has turned Notts County in to a laughing stock.  At least its not us...

For a change

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 11:40:25 »

This really is one of those situations where things are so good that the future can only get worse.  Having a big money benefactor to bank roll a club is only good for as long as they don't get bored - it's not a sustainable model - I thank god we have AF&Co in place as it has enabled us to get off the roller coaster ride that many other clubs are about to embark on...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 11:42:44 »

This really is one of those situations where things are so good that the future can only get worse.  Having a big money benefactor to bank roll a club is only good for as long as they don't get bored - it's not a sustainable model - I thank god we have AF&Co in place as it has enabled us to get off the roller coaster ride that many other clubs are about to embark on...
Yes, but in this case, it never was that good. The whole Munto thing was just smoke and mirrors, they didn't have the money, they weren't even who they claimed to be, and as soon as anyone was publicly linked to the group supposedly behind it, they either denied it or quit. It was all just bullshit from start to finish.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 11:57:03 »

The Chairman and Eriksson are trying to buy the club off of the Saudis.  The only sticking point is whether the Saudis pay up the money that is owed to Eriksson and is in his contract, if that happens it will probably happen, if it doesn't he will walk away.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 11:59:38 »

So far Qadbak/Munto have failed to buy an F1 team and look to have shammed there way into buying a football club they can't afford to run.

I'm just waiting for SBC to say they are preferred partners for the town centre regeneration to complete the hatrick.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 12:24:57 »

The Chairman and Eriksson are trying to buy the club off of the Saudis.  The only sticking point is whether the Saudis pay up the money that is owed to Eriksson and is in his contract, if that happens it will probably happen, if it doesn't he will walk away.
What Saudis? There are no rich arabs, that was all hogwash. It's just this Russell King chancer and a couple of his dodgy mates, all the rest is bullshit
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 12:49:03 »

They exist alright, it's just whether they really are as wealthy as they say they are.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 13:59:01 »

Yes, but in this case, it never was that good. The whole Munto thing was just smoke and mirrors, they didn't have the money, they weren't even who they claimed to be, and as soon as anyone was publicly linked to the group supposedly behind it, they either denied it or quit. It was all just bullshit from start to finish.

Either way its the fans that get fucked over eventually and have to endure the 'We're rich beyond our wildest dreams...' #bump# 'How the fuck can we save our club...' emotional rollercoaster
Doore

« Reply #191 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 14:03:16 »

Surely most County fans didn't genuinely think they were rich and there was nothing a bit suspect about the whole affair?  If they bought the whole thing without thinking about it then they need to use their heads a bit more.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 14:06:26 »

They exist alright, it's just whether they really are as wealthy as they say they are.
Really? All I've seen is a trail of dead-ends that start out looking like they lead back to some Middle Eastern (well, actually South Asian but who's counting) people who then denied any involvement. There are Middle Eastern companies in the paper trail, but they're all pretty much shell fronts, not genuine Middle Eastern investors. If you've seen stuff to the contrary, I'd be genuinely curious to see it.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 14:24:53 »

Surely most County fans didn't genuinely think they were rich and there was nothing a bit suspect about the whole affair?  If they bought the whole thing without thinking about it then they need to use their heads a bit more.

Thankfully we have dirt digging media who bring it out of the woodwork, without them i doubt the fans would have been any the wiser until it was too late - The FL would have found out FA about them...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 14:27:50 »

Either way its the fans that get fucked over eventually and have to endure the 'We're rich beyond our wildest dreams...' #bump# 'How the fuck can we save our club...' emotional rollercoaster
True dat
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: