Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County trying to run before they can crawl?  (Read 44769 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 21:23:47 »

To be fair every person who enters that store is probably a potential thief.

I wonder what will happen when County don't get promoted next season?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 21:35:11 »

A friend of mine proposed a decent alternative suggestion for the "Sven as suddenly knowledgeable about/interested in League 2 football" scenario we're all being sold - that with the Pompey takeover seemingly becoming ever more protracted he's just looking to park himself somewhere until he can get a proper job, while the "Arab Best Holdings" consortium could do with some head-turning publicity to distract attention from those awkward questions about who they are, what their plans are, how much they're actually investing etc. So that what we're actually seeing is a short-term deal of mutually convenient publicity stunt while Sven lines up his next actual move and in a few months (weeks?) he gets an offer "out of the blue" (that he's currently negotiating) which he can't turn down, and quits County without having made a substantial hole in the bank balance (which would be a first for King Payoff) and hey presto! all those awkward questions about the intent/ambition of the mystery Arab consortium are buried beneath an avalanche of "Yeah it didn't work out but boy they must have some ambition and are prepared to back it" style gawping. A touch cynical maybe but then I suspect most of us aren't cynical enough about the half of what goes on and never comes out in football - just look down the road at the fate of the once wunderkind "rescuers" of Derby, who've now been invited to an all expenses paid stay at Her Majesty's expense
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 21:37:25 »

Slightly less cynical than my mum, who heard it on the news and said "money laundering"

Charming.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 21:39:27 »

Eriksson has signed a 5 year deal, so Notts County will get a good compensation payout when (and it is a matter of when) another club decides they want a bit of Svenmania.
flammableBen

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 21:58:41 »

We're all such horrible cynical bastards. I'm guessing it comes from our own wonderful investers promptly appointing malpas, going backwards on the pitch and a few months later fucking up all our summer signings. Yeah they're better than the last lot, but let's be honest, getting excited about how the backroom staff are being paid and that they've sorted out the pensions or something is a bit of a losing battle.

ARMCHAIRFAN: "Wow I hear you got taken over by some super rich betfair investers or something?"

STEREOTYPICALTEFER: "Yeah it's brilliant, I've heard that they're trying to sort out the catering"

It might not be sensible, but it would certainly be more exciting to swap places with a notts county fan. You lot take the fun out of football.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 22:05:11 »

I think a lot of us can see the long term benefits and hopefully more sustained fun when it does come right by watching a successful team that isn't going to go bust any minute.

I also think a lot of us go too far over the top bigging up the backroom stuff and it does get boring.

Only exciting thing to happen post season is the signing of Douglas, we just need a striker to get things back on the right track again.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 22:51:36 »

I found a sexy Sven avatar ...swoon

/
W56196272
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 20:42:30 »

In other notts county news.....

[url width=656 height=427]http://i29.tinypic.com/jjbfyv.jpg[/url]

Sky sports not their biggest fans obviously Smiley

Things get better but they never get good
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 20:48:54 »

Haha, it took me ages to figure out what it was I was supposed to be looking at, I even clicked on the little play button on the image to see if the video would play Cheesy
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 21:22:26 »

[url width=656 height=427]http://i29.tinypic.com/jjbfyv.jpg[/url]

That is class  Cheesy
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 09:49:17 »

I never realised Heybridge got relegated from the Isthmian League? Gutted.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 10:33:17 »

I never realised Heybridge got relegated from the Isthmian League? Gutted.

They were terrible last season, so it was a rather swift affair.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 13:58:07 »

Hey Arch Stanton - yes, the Army surplus store is (or was last time I was down there) still next to the County Stadium. If you want any flak jackets, pith helmets or 'camo' gear I'll see what I can pick up for you.
See Notts had a good win yesterday against their local rivals.  Curious that although the two clubs are based in Nottingham there isn't much of a rivalry between them & players have in the past moved between the two sides of the Trent with some regularity.  Sven's appointment & Munto Finance's publically expressed ambition to be Nottingham's top club might spice it up a bit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 14:21:10 »

Curious that although the two clubs are based in Nottingham there isn't much of a rivalry between them & players have in the past moved between the two sides of the Trent with some regularity.  Sven's appointment & Munto Finance's publically expressed ambition to be Nottingham's top club might spice it up a bit.

When I spent a fair bit of time in Nottingham years back, I tried to figure out Nottingham football.  What surprised me was the number who supported both sides...when thinking about it though it did make a lot of sense...City Ground one Saturday...Meadow Lane the next.  Then you'd get new arrivals in the city...who'd maybe do County for a bit, then change to Forest depending on how things were going.

The hatred in 2 club cities is usually religious bigotry, or geographical location....neither apply in Nottingham.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 16:21:23 »

I have a job interview in Nottingham on Thursday so I might pop to that army store (now I know its still there) to calm my nerves. I might get one of those Russian fur hats that they used to sell.... I could wear it to the interview and make absolutely no reference to it - and see what kinda reaction I get, the job is as good as mine....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: