Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County trying to run before they can crawl?  (Read 44771 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 14:19:12 »

I really do fear for them, Sven has no experience of lower league football and when it all goes pear shaped he'll be there wanting his money and taking them to the cleaners.

Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 14:39:38 »

I really do fear for them, Sven has no experience of lower league football and when it all goes pear shaped he'll be there wanting his money and taking them to the cleaners.

I read that their TRUST gave the new owners their 60% holding in the club. The new owners have paid off all tghe debts except those owed to their trust.
I assume that their trust has got their eye on the ball.
As for the 6:1 ratio, when at college in the 70's I used to hitchhike down from South Yorkshire on the basis of those rumours. Trouble was it was ussually about 2-3 in the morning when the clubs chuckked us out so by the time we got to Nottingham ay about 5 in the morning their was no sign of any totty what so ever.

From the Dark Side
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 14:43:39 »

Got rellies in Nottingham, and it used to be true, a lot of the single female population are now over 65 , Reg would still be in clover.

Quality...probably had a few of them 30 years ago. Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 15:15:50 »

I read that their TRUST gave the new owners their 60% holding in the club. The new owners have paid off all tghe debts except those owed to their trust.
I assume that their trust has got their eye on the ball.
Hmm, from what I can gather their Trust is pretty much split down the middle over the whole thing, there's been a lot of controversy locally about whether they should have just handed over the shares/whether they had any choice/how the Trust board managed the shareholding before the takeover.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 15:17:24 »

Quality...probably had a few of them 30 years ago. Smiley

Love life in tatters ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 19:29:17 »

Hmm, from what I can gather their Trust is pretty much split down the middle over the whole thing, there's been a lot of controversy locally about whether they should have just handed over the shares/whether they had any choice/how the Trust board managed the shareholding before the takeover.

I think there were a few resignations from the trust and trust board over this as well
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 19:29:54 »

Trusts are such drama llamas.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 19:40:26 »

Drama Llammas?!!!! hahahaha thats ace!!
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 20:08:43 »

I don't normally like tinternetlolzphrazes, but I have to admit that drama llamas has gained a special place in my heart.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 20:14:13 »

I look forward to the new FB computer game dramallamatron
flammableBen

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 20:16:11 »

randomly I was playing llamatron earlier. I love llamatron. Minter is a genius.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 20:18:40 »

llamasoft is still going. Who'd have thought.
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 20:19:25 »

yeah. made space giraffe for the xbox360 recently. Split critical opinion somewhat.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 20:48:09 »

Hey, I live in Nottingham & yes,the 6 bints to every bloke is a bit of a myth although there is some smart totty around. Some of the 30 year olds do bear an uncanny resemblance to Reg though!
Regarding the Sven appointment, most of the Notts fans are in shock.  They want to believe that it is the beginning of a new era but have this worry that it will all go pear shaped. Many of them have the reservations that are being expressed here.  Who are the backers?  A wealthy Middle East based consortium apparently but no names have been released other than the new Chief Executive Trembling & 1 other English person. They are worried about who will do what - McPartland is still manager but difficult to see Sven sitting quietly in the stands when Notts are getting a hiding at home.  Surely he'll be more hands on than that. Also no clues as to their players budget for next season although I see Lee Hughes has now signed for them, terms no longer a problem apparently.  All the talk is of the Championship in 5 years & becoming Nottingham's no.1 club but there is a lack of transparency about everything.  Reminds me of when the Portuguese Consortium were taking over the Town - plenty of aspirations but little substance.  The fans trust were not very well funded & had little choice other than to sell to Munto Finance.  However the club had no debts apparently so the fans are mystified by the £1 million debt that the consortium claim to have cleared. All very strange.
I hope that Notts do have a good future but it all seems to good to be true.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 21:16:16 »

Is that army surplus store next to Meadow Lane still there? I used to always go in there prior to the away fixture.

I remember one time the shopkeeper appeared (all very Mr Ben like) and accused me of trying to steal some of his merchandise by hiding it under my STFC flag.... bloody cheek...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: