Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DOUGLAS HAS SIGNED!!!!  (Read 20724 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:05:04 »

Hahaha, I see they've already checked this thread on that forum and posted a warning about a "Swindon Invasion".
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:17:05 »

I already registered but they have to approve me... someone better go over and warn them not too!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:18:05 »

Hehe, the Leeds fans do make me chuckle!  They may have massive crowds compared to us, but they really are behind the times on the financial front.

We are not skint you muppets, we have far more money than you, we just don't piss it away willy nilly on wages for names that will get you er.......... in the same league as us!  Cheesy

Great signing!  Exactly the pedigree of player we should be trying to sign if we want to start heading in a direction to make a step up!

Well done DW and AF!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:23:56 »

The bit i like on the forum is where they say he is happy to just sit in fron of the defence and tidy up.Fuck me we have needed a player like that for years
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:25:04 »

Hahaha, I see they've already checked this thread on that forum and posted a warning about a "Swindon Invasion".
I'd tell them not to worry - Ralphy's a postman so he'll drop half the messages on the way over there, deliver most of the rest to the wrong board and those that do get through will be days late Smiley

Fantastic signing - major coup. Let's hope they've got a similar card up their sleeves for a striker
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:28:35 »

Well thats out of the blue really, great signing. Interestingly Leeds fans normally slag off people who leave, but most are dissapointed which is a realy positive sign.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:31:55 »

I have just heard that Douglas is the new Franck Ribery!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:35:07 »

The bit i like on the forum is where they say he is happy to just sit in fron of the defence and tidy up.
The bit I like is that photo of Cheryl Cole, she's unbelieveable
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:40:07 »

Any player who leaves leeds is "shit", they said the same when Kewell, Ferdinand, bridges (although true), Alan Smith etc... anyone who doesn't play for "we are the biggest club in the world" Leeds is shit. Just received this email from a leeds fan...

Hey Gaz,

I read your links with interest. We've lost two players who are only 27 but have loads of experience in Douglas and Frazer Richardson and both have joined League 1 clubs who aren't even as good as Leeds, let alone to the Championship where I expected them to go. Lucas is no big loss, useless.

In addition we've got two guys in on Bosmans who are 30 and 32 years old as the only signings so far. Plus, the papers are starting to crank up the Delph and Beckford links. Even Leeds official site said we've turned down two concrete bids for Delph ( believed to be Villa and Fulham, maybe Everton ). If we are going to sell them, make it soon so we can spend and bed the new players in.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:41:16 »

only today, hes off to huddersfield later.

Smiley

Ha Ha Leeds muppets ! Touched a nerve have we ?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:42:07 »

I have just heard that Douglas is the new Franck Ribery!

Me too, I think Ribery could do a job for us !
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:48:32 »

I wasn't confident about quality of strikers coming in, but the best thing about douglas is that it will show intent and should aid other signings. Christ i wish i was going to Austria Wink
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:50:11 »

Wow,what some news to come home to,with a signing of 2 strikers and another full back,dare we dream of the play offs.

Rosie

« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:50:22 »

Hey all, Leeds fan here, and yes, from WACCOE.   Bye (That's not me saying bye, I just thought i'd wave "hello" Smiley ).

Anyway, I jsut wanted to come and say how this is a good signing for you guys. Obviously in the latter stages of our season Douglas was falling down the "midfield" pecking order, after having to play at right back for a significant spell. He wasn't really going to get a look in under Grayson again after Howson, Kilkenny and Delph started performing consistently, and that's a shame. In certain games we missed the strength that he offers, as well as his more defensive attributes.

I just thought i'd give a bit of information, from my perspective, on the lad. As you all know, he's a more defensive minded midfielder, 27 years of age, and experienced at a higher level of football. There is no doubting his talents are there, he's shown them at this level for us, and in certain cases in the league above, during our playoff-final season in 2006/07. However, his mental ability can lack sometimes, and sometimes bigger occasions can make him easily frustrated. This was recognised in the playoffs when he'd shown signs of giving up against Carlisle, and again at Wembley. He's also made mistakes and eventually got sent off in heated derbies.

However, said all that, he's performed in some of these higher profile games, captaining Leeds to a 4-0 victory over local rivals Huddersfield, and scoring in that game. Should his ability to keep calm in higher profile games be improved, you've got a player able to match any occasion in this league.

To be honest, it's a shame that Douglas' own wage valuation was not the same as ours, as i'd have liked to have seen him sign on, although probably in a more squad-role position.

Anyway, good signing you have here. Good luck for the rest of the season. Oh, and shame about signing Lucas!  Huh?

P.S, is STC Gazza retarded or something?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:52:51 »

Gotta say I am so chuffed with his signing, as stated earlier a new left back, a good striker and a striker on loan and away you go!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: