Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squad for next season so far....  (Read 22337 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:18:22 »

I think Aljofree is a cert to leave

Where to?  I'd get rid now if an offer came in but he's not going to be fit until someway into next season and he hardly covered himself in glory last season.  

Realistically offers will come from L2 and I think he'd rather see out his contract here as a high earner than head down a league.

Notts County seem to be doing a 'bit of a Huddersfield' in L2, maybe we sould start rumours he's off to Crewe, Cheltenham, Lincoln etc. in the hope NC come in with an offer and the requisit wages...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 08:51:48 »

Morrison is our only sellable CB, out of those that we have I would think.  Aljofree maybe peanuts to somebody.  If one is going to go I would have thought it would be Morrison, which would be a shame, but if it is silly money understandable.

Celtic are probably still sniffing, especially after the Cuthbert deal.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 08:56:58 »

Morrison is our only sellable CB, out of those that we have I would think.  Aljofree maybe peanuts to somebody.  If one is going to go I would have thought it would be Morrison, which would be a shame, but if it is silly money understandable.

Celtic are probably still sniffing, especially after the Cuthbert deal.

Sounds about right, I personally dont think Ifil will be with us all season and as you rightly say Morrison is a valuable assett and may be sold while there ares till suitors, but I personaly hope not.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:22:33 »

Morrison is our only sellable CB, out of those that we have I would think.

Why would you get rid of a decent youngster and keep (in my opinion) an inferior player such as Aljofree or Ifil?

You wouldn't. Whilst we might not be able to get a fee for them, if we can offload them and save at least some of the wages they're contracted for then we've saved some cash to use elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aljofree and Ifil are already putting themselves about to find another club as I doubt they'd want to stay when they are at best 4th choice.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:26:41 »

The only reason you would get rid of Morrison and keep Ifil and Aljofree is for exactly the reasons Berni states Jonny....Morrison can commande a good price for his age..£500k+ with add ons etc. Ifil and Aljofree are available for transfer I would imagine but no one would pay a fee for them....hence Morrison may go before the other two due to his sale-ability.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:27:52 »

Also Morrison is effectivly a free agent in January
Peter Venkman

« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:28:38 »

But I do think that Morrison and Cuthbert would form the basis of a strong defence for many years to come if we can keep hold of them.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:34:13 »

Morrison won't play 46 league games this season so we'll need suitable experience/cover in that position.

Wilson will probably protect Morrison a fair bit because being a central defender in the FL at only 18 years of age in tough.

However, we absolutely without doubt have to extend the guys contract whether we plan to sell him or not.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:43:25 »

Also Morrison is effectivly a free agent in January

We'd still get a fee for him though.

I still find it strange that he only signed a 1 year extension. Anyone know the reason?

Was it his choice or the clubs?
girlyred

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:45:36 »

Well theyve turned down an offer or 2 for Morrison already but for sure if the money was right he would go, Everton wanted him up on trial early on in the year but DB was having none of it (good on him) and i hear there are a few other clubs sniffing around and will no doubt be watching preseason.............. Sad
Peter Venkman

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 09:57:11 »

Newcastle and Celtic are 2 known admirers of him.

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 10:26:50 »

morrison is destined for bigger and better things.just a matter of when.ifil and aljofree are going the opposite way.that said i think we could stillk see some good from aljofree,if he isn't after a move.not bothered if he is mind
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 11:08:46 »

The fact his family are/have moved up north suggests he will be off
girlyred

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 11:52:03 »

Arent they seperated?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 12:31:58 »

Shouldnt podge other players wives!! Wink
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up