Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COXY HAS OFFICIALLY GONE  (Read 17997 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:32:36 »

Whaty what what?

Its in today's Adver - we only paid £120k for Cox.
flammableBen

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:40:34 »

+ another 600k as part of the sell on.

If Reading valued him at 400, then they've done rather well with the 720k they've got so far.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:55:00 »

If Reading valued him at 400, then they've done rather well with the 720k they've got so far.

No not really, they valued him at 400k when he was an unproven youngling 18 months ago. Now he has scored loads of goals and will be competing directly with them for promotion to the Premier League next season.
They would now value him a lot higher than 720k I'm sure. We're certainly the winners in this situation.

officially blacker than the night.
flammableBen

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:57:20 »

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they've done us out of anything. Just that the risk of a sell on clause has worked out nicely for them. I'm sure they often end up worthless with young players.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:00:40 »

Looks like Fitton is starting to realise that a certain amount of investment in good players is required to eventually make the books balance. A good Youth team alone is not going to run this club on and off the pitch.

At the start of last season our first team saleable assets amounted solely to Simon Cox.

At the start of this season they will be Cuthbert and Morrison, as well as possibly this player from "a much bigger club".

In that respect, things are looking better for the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:06:10 »

I think he's always realised that, the combination of the two was very much the strategy set out at last year's AGM that set off the ridiculous "Swindon are a selling club" headlines
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 16:34:51 »

Looks like Fitton is starting to realise that a certain amount of investment in good players is required to eventually make the books balance. A good Youth team alone is not going to run this club on and off the pitch.

At the start of last season our first team saleable assets amounted solely to Simon Cox.

At the start of this season they will be Cuthbert and Morrison, as well as possibly this player from "a much bigger club".

In that respect, things are looking better for the club.

Good post...also add Greer to that list if he stays fit..with Thompson and Macklin close behind,Thompson especially is being watched by Prem clubs galore,down to them to take make the most of any games they may play.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 17:11:31 »

I reckon that £600k figure is wrong anyway.

There is no way we'd pay Reading 40% (assuming 40% is the sell on figure) of the transfer fee, it would have to be 40% of any profit made.

By my calculations, we gave Reading £552k, with another £160k to come if the £400k worth of clauses are met Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: