Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Torchwood  (Read 2485 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 01:09:52 »

This 5 day thing is ace isnt it  Cool

/
W56196272
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 06:04:04 »

Except for episode 2 was pretty boring.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:35:49 »

I thought both have been ace so far. Quite surprising.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:54:24 »

I love the humour in it, best line so far was "have you gone bender on us?". Basing it in Wales was a stroke of pure genius, gives them plenty of one liners and it makes the whole thing more surreal.

Looks like its doing well in the ratings, so we should get a full prime time season next year.
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 21:06:38 »

[url width=340 height=255]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/tardis/images/e/e5/Macra.jpg[/url]

?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 09:42:33 »

bloody hell, i've just watched last nights finale... shit about, that was good! fantastic writing, good acting, just.... immense. i can understand why they did 5 episodes in 5 days tho, over 5 weeks it would've lost a bit of its punch. not often i sit there for a few minutes after the credits roll in silence.

flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 09:45:53 »

Yeah, it was superb. Odd that Torchwood managed to go from garbage to one of the best things that's been on telly for ages.
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 09:56:55 »

The absence of John Barrowman for the most part helped.  Nice ending though and good to see the sugar coating come off.

Are they re-launching the series off the back off this week?   

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 09:59:18 »

yup, i watched most of the first series and got bored so gave up, whereas my sister and her husband loved it (he's a massive Who geek) and have watched both series. we both thought the 'children of earth' series was awesome.

i thought barrowman did alright actually. i cant really see how they'd relauch torchwood now tho...

flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 10:01:24 »

According to RTD they've got a fourth series written but it's being made depended on the success of the mini-series. If it does happen I fully expect it to go back to the adolescent nonsense of the first two.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 14:04:18 »

I'd be surprised if we don't see another season, or two. It did well in the ratings and it hasn't been shown in the USA yet where its big - bigger than Doctor Who, though its only shown on BBC America.

I thought the 5 shows back to back worked really well though not sure they'll be able to do it again. Always amazes me there isn't more cross over with Doctor Who. I mean, the world is turning to shit and where the fuck is he?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 14:50:42 »

Can't see the sceptics appreciating the lack of a true Hollywood ending!

I though this was great. Missed Mondays and some of Tuesdays, only gave it a go because of Yeovil's post. Previously I'd given up on Torchwood ages ago.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 19:22:31 »

I didn't watch this specifically due to John Barrowman being in it!  Perhaps I should have....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 20:54:42 »

Must agree that I really enjoyed the mini series. I thought the 2nd episode was a bit dull and padded, but the final 3 parts really took off! Surprised at the deaths and found myself quite shocked at the end like Leggett.

Seems that they have left it wide open to go into any direction that they want to. Going to be interesting to see what happens next.

PS. First series was good. Second series was inconsistent. Just got into the two characters that they killed off in the second series. Shocked that they killed off the only person who could really act - Not once but twice!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
spike19

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 22:22:48 »

I loved the mini series but i was a bit disappointed with the last episode!! I don't relly know what i was expecting but endings are always a let down!!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: