Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 62   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ashes  (Read 88009 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 18:32:09 »

I actually cannot wait until Wednesday, I'd proper give up my weekend for it to start tomorrow.

Run-machine Philip Hughes is getting a real good working over by GBH in the warm-up game up at New Road.
santasdead

« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 18:48:12 »

One of those stupid commentators was bigging hughes up saying hes one of the best on the county circuit avg-ing 130+.

You expect him to be good, i doubt any of the county bowlers tried him with a short delivery? He's got no chance.

Hussey & Katich are the only two i think will constantly be a threat, Ponting has his off days + we can get him out like taking candy from a baby. That north was absolute codshite.

Hauritz is woefulmwe have 3 spinners in our camp - Rashid & Swann will take wickets. Monty will tie an end up,so will Swann. Hauritz...all im going to say is they should be lucky they hav Lee.

Brett Lee,for me, will be they key to whoever wins. If cook & struass can see the new ball off and get good runs before it starts to reverse we can afford to not be so good when it does go t'other way.

A good series ahead non the less. I recon 2-2.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 18:52:02 »

tickets still going spare for day2 of 1st test at glamorgan....£70 a pop though
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 18:55:06 »

Looking forward to it....alot will depend on KP...i must admit playing at Glamorgan first really suprised me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 19:25:38 »

Got tickets for the Sunday at Edgbaston, should be a good day out.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 19:34:36 »

Got a ticket for Lords on the Sunday (4th day) if it lasts that long ?
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 21:08:04 »

Last day at Cardiff for me - next Sunday - if we haven't stuffed em before then....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 22:17:29 »

I fancy us for this series. The difference for me is the bowling attacks. The Convicts don't seem to have an attack that matches ours. Anderson has been in form all summer and is on fire at the moment. He offers swing whilst Broad offers seam and Flintoff pace. We have 3 spinners to pick from and back up pacemen in the form of Onions, Sidebottom and Harmison should we need them. Their attack seems average. With the exception of Lee I'm not really worried about their bowlers. Time will tell if our batting is up to it or not but I think this is going to be another exciting one like 2005.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 22:20:55 »

I think Johnson will rip us apart more than Lee. Australia to win.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 22:22:40 »

No Warne, no McGrath - 2 out of the top 4 wicket takers of all time were in the same team - unstoppable (ish).

I think this will go all the way still though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 22:24:05 »

Tbh I haven't seen much of Johnson. If Cardiff favours spin (which is rumoured) we could go with 2 spinners. Can see the Aussies struggling as they'll go with just Hauritz and hope that Clarke bowls some decent spin.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 23:25:51 »

First time i'd ever seen johnson bowl was today against the lions. He seems to stop just before letting go of the ball. I'm not a great battter, but that must surely disturbe any internal rhythm you have

Things get better but they never get good
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 00:52:29 »

i think we will fucking stuff them, they were awful against sussex seconds last week, hauritz is like a shit county bowler.
santasdead

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 02:37:16 »

First time i'd ever seen johnson bowl was today against the lions. He seems to stop just before letting go of the ball. I'm not a great battter, but that must surely disturbe any internal rhythm you have

Just watch the ball from the hand and make sure you either hit it,or know its missing the stumps so leave it - if you can play professionally someone stopping shouldn't be a worry,its what they do with the ball that would be worrying.

I think Johnson will rip us apart more than Lee. Australia to win.

I think Johnson will be as good as side bottom is for us. Both similar bowlers,albeit sidebottom will generate swing to start with & Johnson not. OUr top order,i feel, will cope with johnson better than the aussies will cope with a left arm over swinging away from the left handers,which is most of their top order bar clarke & ponting.

No trent bridge test this year so no ashes for me,but i'm looking forward to the ODI's. God knows why glamrgan has a test match, we should be the british cricket team,no england - Morgan now,croft previously. not exactly english.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 10:46:28 »

Tbh I don't see why people are moaning about a test being held in Cardiff? Remember it's the England and Wales cricket board and the test side has always had Welsh players included down the line. Personally it doesn't bother me.Cardiff is a new ground and will probably provide a decent enough venue. I'd imagine the Welsh will probably provide a fairly hostile atmosphere for the Aussies as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 62   Go Up
Print
Jump to: