Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4318026 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15465 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 13:16:04 »

Kaine Kesler-Hayden to Huddersfield on loan for the season
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15466 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 13:26:04 »

Got to be honest, I thought KKH was a bit disappointing for us. Absolutely no doubt he had outstanding ability, but his output was mediocre and defensively could be found wanting. Most of KKH's 'wow' moments came inside our own half with a dragback or nutmeg. At times he was taking the piss how easy he found it, yet produced very few moments that resulted in goals. I'm sure he'd have kicked on in the 2nd half of the season had he stayed, and you could argue that he created more space for others.

Him and Barry have done well to get the loans they have.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15467 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 14:06:32 »

Always felt we didn’t play KKH high enough up the pitch.
Think he’d be better as wide striker / wide attacking midfielder / winger in a 433 or 4231 or 442 as opposed to a full back / wing back
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #15468 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 14:42:44 »

Always felt we didn’t play KKH high enough up the pitch.
Think he’d be better as wide striker / wide attacking midfielder / winger in a 433 or 4231 or 442 as opposed to a full back / wing back

Having said that, one of the highlights of last season was KKH leaving Kevin de Bruyne for dead after chasing him back and dispossessing him. The look on KdB's face and his demeanor afterwards was a sight to behold.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15469 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 14:47:07 »

Got to be honest, I thought KKH was a bit disappointing for us. Absolutely no doubt he had outstanding ability, but his output was mediocre and defensively could be found wanting. Most of KKH's 'wow' moments came inside our own half with a dragback or nutmeg. At times he was taking the piss how easy he found it, yet produced very few moments that resulted in goals. I'm sure he'd have kicked on in the 2nd half of the season had he stayed, and you could argue that he created more space for others.

It's your last point - he made space for others.  The opposition were shit scared of him and would often double up.  Plus, the left back would stay home more often, knowing they couldn't defend him if possession switched.

His lost was immediately felt.

The only other player to have a similar impact was McKirdy.  Without him we had nobody willing to carry the ball and teams knew it.  I am sure someone can review the stats, but we certainly looked toothless without one or both of those players.  It's not a mistake that we looked better again and got results once Egbo started at right back.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #15470 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 15:28:56 »

Having said that, one of the highlights of last season was KKH leaving Kevin de Bruyne for dead after chasing him back and dispossessing him. The look on KdB's face and his demeanor afterwards was a sight to behold.
To see one of Sky Sports most w*nkd over players on his knees with a forlorn, near crybaby expression at the CG on TV was pure gold.  

KKH's offensive capacities may have distracted teams but he didn't deliver so very much on that promise.

I have no doubt he would have done so massively in the 2nd part of the season given his own learnings - and that of the rest of the team on how to best use him.  Hardly any passes were made for him INSIDE retreating full backs - and his runs in that regard had not started to demand them.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #15471 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 18:00:13 »

When you consider he was only 18 with no league experience it's no shock he had a few inefficiencies. The fact he has gone from us to the Championship play off final losers speaks volumes. I think the lad oooozes class
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15472 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 18:08:49 »

If you think KKH was disappointing for us what do you think of our recent defensive recruitments😀

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15473 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:45:16 »

If you think KKH was disappointing for us what do you think of our recent defensive recruitments😀

Slow starters Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15474 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:49:05 »

Slow starters Cheesy

Maybe your expectations are too high😀

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15475 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:58:58 »

Maybe your expectations are too high😀

I just expected more than 1 league assist and 0 goals from somebody who a year later is playing for the championship playoff finalists.

I've seen enough from Hutton 2nd half vs Salford to know he's basically Dani Alves and Rory Delap rolled into one so we're all good.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15476 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 11:01:19 »

I just expected more than 1 league assist and 0 goals from somebody who a year later is playing for the championship playoff finalists.

I've seen enough from Hutton 2nd half vs Salford to know he's basically Dani Alves and Rory Delap rolled into one so we're all good.

Give me KKH anyday

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15477 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 11:09:55 »

Can KKH do long throws? no.

I want to see Mo Dabre score header from a Hutton long throw. Odds of 1 trillion to one.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15478 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 18:39:10 »

I see there’s no Conroy for Creepy again tonight, is he injured already?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15479 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 18:44:07 »

Josh Davison has scored twice in the first 16 mins for the Wombles
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: