Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 1007 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292721 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15045 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:08:35 »

It's almost as if there's a shitness virus going round at those tournaments.

I think its more of a head turning one....
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15046 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:10:22 »

It's almost as if there's a shitness virus going round at those tournaments.

I don't get the "Jojo turned shit after Ghana" thing.  Did he make mistakes after he came back, yes, but GK's make mistakes.  Jojo was benched because Ward had done nothing to be dropped and the clammer from some fans to leave Ward in there as well.  Also something changed between the Garner Jojo relationship at the time, probably because he was being called up for his country and not commiting to a new contract.

To compare Jojo to Kasim with Iraq is unfair in my opinion.  Jojo is the far superor GK to Ward imo, and I think him having a prolonged period on the bench was down to contract negotiations rather than form/ability.  I think we will realise what we miss with Jojo next season when Ward inevitably has a rough patch, unless the rumoured new guy is another Benda of course.

I feel that sometimes history is changed to fit the present, and because it looks like Jojo is off, all of sudden he turned shit - just not the case as far as I see it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15047 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:13:00 »

That’s probably fair, but Payne was inthe exact same position regarding contracts and he was picked.

Falling out over something, though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15048 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:14:52 »

That’s probably fair, but Payne was inthe exact same position regarding contracts and he was picked.

I have a feeling that Jojo told the club/Garner that he was going to move in the Summer after he returned from the WC and Garner kept Ward in as he would probably be our 1st choice next season, whereas Payne has never suggested he will leave (I know neither did Egbo).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #15049 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:17:11 »

But Payne wasn't on international duty for periods of the season.  Payne probably made more mistakes than Jojo in games but was never dropped because of it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #15050 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:25:51 »

I believe with JoJo it wasn't mistakes, it was he came back from Ghana duty with an attitude that he was bigger than STFC etc. Which Garner did not like, hence Ward finishing the season
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15051 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:28:49 »

Unless replaced we will miss JoJo next season. I do fear whether Ward is of sufficient quality to be number 1 for the season. He’s done a reasonable job on the whole when he’s come in but does seem a bit panicky and loses confidence when something goes wrong especially with his kicking. I have a fear if he makes a mistake or 2 his form would drop off a cliff as has happened at his previous clubs.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #15052 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:31:28 »

Indeed. JoJo got us a lot of points, particualrly early in the season. Our defence was never great but he made the numbers look better by saving them on many occasions.

Interesting to see what he does next.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15053 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:31:31 »

But Payne wasn't on international duty for periods of the season.  Payne probably made more mistakes than Jojo in games but was never dropped because of it.

Not sure if you are, but I am not sure you can really compare the importance of mistakes between midfielders and goalkeepers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #15054 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:43:48 »

Brighton now favourites to sign Twine with the pull of Premier League football taking them ahead of Burnley as preferred choice for Scotty.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15055 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:46:02 »

Brighton now favourites to sign Twine with the pull of Premier League football taking them ahead of Burnley as preferred choice for Scotty.

I saw Nixon had been hinting that there was a 'big club' in the pipeline, I had assumed that might have been Sheffield United but Brighton makes sense, good club that play decent football and would probably actually play Twine once in a while - amazing that a Swindon 'product' has potentially made it all the way to the 'top' (if it happens of course)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15056 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:51:10 »

I saw Nixon had been hinting that there was a 'big club' in the pipeline, I had assumed that might have been Sheffield United but Brighton makes sense, good club that play decent football and would probably actually play Twine once in a while - amazing that a Swindon 'product' has potentially made it all the way to the 'top' (if it happens of course)

Not only that but one I don’t think (m)any of would have shed any tears over if he’d left the summer before his loan move.

Testament to Scott himself and Newport. Fair play.

Less so our club & Mr. Wellens.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #15057 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 11:58:10 »

Not sure if you are, but I am not sure you can really compare the importance of mistakes between midfielders and goalkeepers.

I didn't make the comparison Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #15058 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 12:04:53 »

Not only that but one I don’t think (m)any of would have shed any tears over if he’d left the summer before his loan move.

Testament to Scott himself and Newport. Fair play.

Less so our club & Mr. Wellens.
With Newport I think it was a case of Wellens wouldn't change his team to fit Twine in whereas Newport built a team around him, recognise his strengths and have players around him to the the dirty work for him allowing him freedom to play his game. Wellens formation was far stricter not allowing for a "luxury" player.

Twine could always hit a great shot and pass or free kick but running and tracking back wasn't his natural game, before Wellens we had Brown and Flitcroft who thought Twines position was more suited to wide left or striker, it was only at Chippenham originally and then Newport that he found his best position and hasn't really looked back since. Moving away from Town was probably his best career choice.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15059 on: Saturday, June 25, 2022, 05:58:33 »

One time loanee, Daniel Ballard, joins Burnley for £2m.

Yikes!
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 1007 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: