Pages: 1 ... 980 981 982 [983] 984 985 986 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292610 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #14730 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 13:49:35 »

Forest manager Cooper has long been an admirer of Twines since he was at Swindon, I think for his progress a Championship club for a year will probably be the best option to further his progress before a bigger move nest Summer to the Premier.

I think there will be less pressure on him at this stage to go to a club outside the Premiership, but whoever it is its going to be a big decision in his career and good luck to him.

Hopefully we put a double sell on clause for future transfers too as we did with Austin when we benefitted by a 2nd sell on fee when he signed for QPR from Burnley as Fitton said in an interview, such deals seem fairly commonplace in football transfers.

I thought the terms of the transfer to Franchise was set by a tribunal?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14731 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 13:51:47 »

I thought the terms of the transfer to Franchise was set by a tribunal?
It was but these transfer often have double add ons especially if requested by the team losing the player, lets hope there was one with Twines.

The EFL tribunal try to be fair, although an initial £300k proves that is not always the case.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14732 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:04:52 »

Probably worth remembering that any fee for Twine is likely to be staggered, which I suspect means that any % we receive will also be staggered. That means no huge lump sum, but some consistent revenue, hopefully, which could help with the on/off field budget for next season. Let’s hope it gets wrapped up soon so we can plan ahead.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14733 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:07:13 »

I’m pretty sure sell on fees have to be paid up front and in full.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14734 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:09:15 »

I remember we got a phone call from Wolves saying they'd be pinging us the fee (circa £1.2m from memory) because they'd reached the premier league (even though he was crocked) and the club didn't even know about it and weren't expecting it.

Fantastic management of the club as always.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14735 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:28:24 »

In which case, SELL SELL SELL
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14736 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 16:14:57 »

100% they arent mate, all fees are paid only as and when the deal is completed over a time scale set out in the transfer contract and as suggested many are in several instalments, and can be staggered as well as sell on % etc.

I have seen some of the contracts and they are complex to say the least with many add ons being put in place can even be paid to the selling club if the player makes an international appearance even if not at the 1st club the player was sold to. So the buying club must honour any extra payments in that case.

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #14737 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 21:23:05 »

Paul Mullin finishes the regular season with Wrexham (play-offs to come) with 26 goals after 34 goals for Cambridge last season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14738 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 21:25:12 »

Money talks😀

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #14739 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 07:04:16 »

Mullen and Tozer both dropped down a league for big money and now have to rely on the playoffs

Would love to see Halifax or Solihull beat out the bigger more recent former league teams
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14740 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 09:27:38 »

Mullen and Tozer both dropped down a league for big money and now have to rely on the playoffs

Would love to see Halifax or Solihull beat out the bigger more recent former league teams
Also ex Town striker Jake Hyde is there and scored 4 goals in 7 appearances and ex town keeper Lee Camp.

They have spent heavily on players tho since they were invested into by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.

Transfer fees for several players of over £100k and £300k to Wimbledon for Ollie Palmer, they also have Callum Mcfadzean, Paul Mullins, Ben Tozer, Aaron Hayden, Liam Mcalinden, James Jones, Kwame Thomas who all are "allegedly" on more than the highest paid players at Swindon and all turned down league clubs to sign for Wxm.

Its not sour grapes but I hope they fail in the play offs, horrible set of fans and a god given right to promotion due to having "Hollywood" owners.

Fair play to Stockport for beating them to the title, even though they themselves spent very heavily on players too but not to the same extent as Wrexham with the likes of Antoni Sarcevic and Paddy Madden dropping 2 divisions to sign for them.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14741 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 09:37:50 »

Is Jedders still involved at Solihull, or was it another of his short term flirtations?

Its not sour grapes but I hope they fail in the play offs, horrible set of fans and a god given right to promotion due to having "Hollywood" owners.

Yeah I bet they won't take 30,000 to Port Vale on a Thursday night!  Wink Wink

Fair play to Stockport for beating them to the title, even though they themselves spent very heavily on players too but not to the same extent as Wrexham with the likes of Antoni Sarcevic and Paddy Madden dropping 2 divisions to sign for them.

Good god, their away end is as crap as the SB, with the added bonus of looking directly into the sun!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14742 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 09:43:40 »

Is Jedders still involved at Solihull, or was it another of his short term flirtations?
No hes not with them any longer but is involved at Banbury still (I think) and has finger sin the Yeovil pie too.
Good god, their away end is as crap as the SB, with the added bonus of looking directly into the sun!
They have rebuilt it in recent years, its still open to the elements though with no roof.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #14743 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:58:18 »

Michael Carrick just misses out on the Lincoln City job to ex Macc Lads boss Mark Kennedy.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14744 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 12:02:47 »

Michael Carrick just misses out on the Lincoln City job to ex Macc Lads boss Mark Kennedy.

I know how he feels...
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 982 [983] 984 985 986 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: