Pages: 1 ... 922 923 924 [925] 926 927 928 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293251 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #13860 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 09:24:22 »

A pathway to a coaching role:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-07-27/announcement-b-team-olly-lancashire-return
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13861 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 16:46:37 »

A few ex Town players on the scoresheet again today.

Adebayo x2 for Luton, Twine for Dongs, Pieman for Rovers and Mullin for Wrexham.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #13862 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 07:25:27 »

Nathan Thompson reports racial abuse at Brum. BBC News - Birmingham City fans: Two arrested over alleged racist abuse of Peterborough's Nathan Thompson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58612271

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13863 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 07:51:18 »

Nathan Thompson reports racial abuse at Brum. BBC News - Birmingham City fans: Two arrested over alleged racist abuse of Peterborough's Nathan Thompson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58612271

Sent from my XQ-AD51

Given how multi cultural Birmingham is and I assume Birmingham have black players of their own I can never really understand fans that racially abuse players because they are on the opposing teams. (I can't understand racial abuse anyway to be clear)

There are some really really really mindless people out there sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #13864 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 14:16:59 »

Woolery currently playing in front of 50 000 at Ibrox
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #13865 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 15:19:30 »

Woolery currently playing in front of 50 000 at Ibrox

And scores!!

Now, ain't that just like me?
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #13866 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 02:22:59 »

Given how multi cultural Birmingham is and I assume Birmingham have black players of their own I can never really understand fans that racially abuse players because they are on the opposing teams. (I can't understand racial abuse anyway to be clear)

There are some really really really mindless people out there sadly.
I thought it had been proven that multi culturalism had created mono cultures in British city's? hence why a black south London youth had his hand amputated in Bangladeshy run Tower Hamlets. I'm no expert though and could be totally wrong.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #13867 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 06:49:31 »

I thought it had been proven that multi culturalism had created mono cultures in British city's? hence why a black south London youth had his hand amputated in Bangladeshy run Tower Hamlets. I'm no expert though and could be totally wrong.

Perhaps you would like to expand on this a little, as what you have said sounds very dodgy indeed. But perhaps I am misreading it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13868 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 06:58:46 »

Why is that dodgy? Not wishing to put words in his mouth, but I presume he’s saying that the huge number of different nationalities and cultures in cities has, in some cases, fuelled a gang culture between them.

It has, in fact, promoted separatism. The very opposite of multiculturalism.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13869 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 07:17:22 »

The "proven" claim with zero evidence.

Just like I can say that all domestic terrorism in the past 20 years has proven to be fuelled by the far right. I'm no expert though and could be totally wrong.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13870 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 10:09:34 »

Not an ex player but an ex trialist. Never realised we had Dylan Bahamboula on trial before the start of last season. Played in the Coventry friendly when Twine scored that screamer. Caught the eye a bit and is now a shining light in the dullness of Oldham. Wellens didn’t fancy him.

During the thread on the Coventry friendly I posted ‘Well, on that showing we won’t get relegated’. Doh!

Lots of posters saying Twine should be given an extension to the year he had left at the time.

What do we know!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #13871 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 12:32:19 »

Why is that dodgy? Not wishing to put words in his mouth, but I presume he’s saying that the huge number of different nationalities and cultures in cities has, in some cases, fuelled a gang culture between them.

It has, in fact, promoted separatism. The very opposite of multiculturalism.

What possible relevance does the 'fact' that Tower Hamlets is 'Bangladeshy (sic) run' have to the point he is making? (A point which is in itself very tendentious).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13872 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 13:49:38 »

I'm guessing roughly translated, just because a city is multi cultural it doesn't necessarily mean everyone lives in harmony with each other. Different communities can tend to live collectively in different areas within a city. That happens the world over.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #13873 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 14:25:51 »

BBC News - The LinkedIn footballer: Elliott Dugan used social media to land a pro contract in Cyprus
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58612215

Sent from my XQ-AD51
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #13874 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 15:28:44 »

I'm guessing roughly translated, just because a city is multi cultural it doesn't necessarily mean everyone lives in harmony with each other. Different communities can tend to live collectively in different areas within a city. That happens the world over.
I see Pantomine Dame is yet to return to enlighten us on the source of his claim of evidence of multiculturalism creating monoculturalism.  

I would attribute the main actual causes to be deprivation, especially inner city and, excuse my sexism, also to testosterone.  Cultural origin would be one banner to fight under but not, imo, an actual cause. Gang fights have thrived in the UK since Victorian times, well before migration.

The actual experience of living and working in multicultural environments in my experience helps reduce barriers between different cultures.  But others of course have different experiences and insights.  
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 924 [925] 926 927 928 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: