Pages: 1 ... 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292892 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13845 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 14:56:14 »

I was just having a wee nose at his Wikipedia page and then looked at Man United's squad and I noticed amongst the raft of youngsters was Paul McShane who we played against for Rochdale last season. It seemed a bit of an odd one and apparently he's been signed.......

"On 23 July 2021, he returned to former club Manchester United as a player-coach, with the intention of being used as an overage player in under-23s matches"

Not sure if they want him specifically to be a coach and he wants to carry on playing (maybe he fancies getting into the ROI squad now they are useless) but I thought it was an interesting under the radar signing nontheless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13846 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 14:56:40 »

I agree with most of that. untied fans seem to rate him

could be anything as to why he didn't show that. my guess is he didn't handle the pressure of League football too well. though it would have been more of an argument if fans were in the ground,.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13847 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 15:02:21 »

I was just having a wee nose at his Wikipedia page and then looked at Man United's squad and I noticed amongst the raft of youngsters was Paul McShane who we played against for Rochdale last season. It seemed a bit of an odd one and apparently he's been signed.......

"On 23 July 2021, he returned to former club Manchester United as a player-coach, with the intention of being used as an overage player in under-23s matches"

Not sure if they want him specifically to be a coach and he wants to carry on playing (maybe he fancies getting into the ROI squad now they are useless) but I thought it was an interesting under the radar signing nontheless.

I imagine bit part at Man Utd pays much better than 1st team at Rochdale, plus assume coaching will speed getting his badges.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #13848 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 15:46:07 »

I agree with most of that. untied fans seem to rate him

could be anything as to why he didn't show that. my guess is he didn't handle the pressure of League football too well. though it would have been more of an argument if fans were in the ground,.

United fans haven't seen him play!

If he can't cope with the pressure of a shit league 2 forward bobbling one towards his near post not sure he'll fair much better with Lukaku charging towards him.

Perhaps he's made the switch to an outfield player. 

Brilliant with his feet, useless with his hands and can't think of anyone worse at one on ones
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13849 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 15:48:17 »

Obviously everyone develops at a different pace, but Wojciech Szczęsny was on loan at Brentford in L1 at roughly the same age and was streets above everyone else in the division.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #13850 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 16:10:18 »

United fans haven't seen him play!

If he can't cope with the pressure of a shit league 2 forward bobbling one towards his near post not sure he'll fair much better with Lukaku charging towards him.

Perhaps he's made the switch to an outfield player. 

Brilliant with his feet, useless with his hands and can't think of anyone worse at one on ones

United u23 games are very accessible and decent highlights available on social media
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #13851 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 16:37:52 »

United u23 games are very accessible and decent highlights available on social media

Accessible yes but they are friendlies, nowhere near the intensity of a 1st team game.   The fear of fucking up can be a game changer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13852 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 16:43:05 »

yeah they've not seen him play in a pressure situation.

but they have seen him play u23
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #13853 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 07:43:53 »

Have found this concept really interesting too. A number of clubs have followed the same mantra, with Southampton bringing in Olly Lancashire, Brighton bringing in Andrew Crofts and Gary Dicker. Seems to be bit of a pathway to coaching whilst offering on-field advice/nous to the under-23s
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13854 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:37:21 »

Lancashire played for Southampton last night
Flashheart

« Reply #13855 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:40:53 »

Their first team?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13856 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:51:43 »

Obviously everyone develops at a different pace, but Wojciech Szczęsny was on loan at Brentford in L1 at roughly the same age and was streets above everyone else in the division.

Pickford too
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13857 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:58:26 »

How the fucking fuck did he manage to pull off that deal?

Listed as a "supporting player" for their B team, hes got a hell of an agent.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #13858 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 09:21:25 »

It was their B team

https://www.leytonorient.com/2021/09/14/match-report-leyton-orient-1-0-southampton-u21/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13859 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 09:23:34 »

See above Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: