Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292540 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13815 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 15:33:11 »

We've done this already but this was an interesting additional comment on that article.

Trevor Wainwright wrote:
10/09/2021 13:11
I am a life long Swindon fan and believe the stick Taylor got by some of our fans was totally out of order. For a young player he did well and I wish him all the best in his new venture at Maidstone!

I want some of what Trevor is smoking.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #13816 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 15:47:17 »

Yeah, but Trevor's a lifelong Swindon fan, which must make him an authority on the matter.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13817 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 15:49:37 »

Yeah, but Trevor's a lifelong Swindon fan, which must make him an authority on the matter.

Ah yeah - silly me!  Doh

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13818 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:05:57 »

Even if Sheridan was selecting him out of personal choice, it's hardly a glowing endorsement.  I imagine his Dad was funding his wages, otherwise he'd have said I didn't even get paid the last couple of months..........
Flashheart

« Reply #13819 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:23:26 »

I have it from somebody that I know to be reliable that his dad was indeed funding his wages. And more.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13820 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:28:09 »

I have it from somebody that I know to be reliable that his dad was indeed funding his wages. And more.

Haven't various players/club staff etc confirmed it as well?
Flashheart

« Reply #13821 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:34:36 »

Haven't various players/club staff etc confirmed it as well?

It's been intimated, but I don't remember anybody saying it directly.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13822 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:53:44 »

Caddis said it didnt he?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #13823 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 17:53:38 »

I imagine his Dad was funding his wages, otherwise he'd have said I didn't even get paid the last couple of months..........

That's not his fault though and doesn't make him a cunt etc, neither does being rubbish  (I know that's not not what you're saying either ).

It seems alot of our fans need someone to abuse, one year it's Norris, the next Curran or Rogers, this year they appear to be gunning for Gladwin.   Just don't understand it, we are supposed to be supporters.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #13824 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 17:58:00 »

Having met Taylor Curran on numerous occasions through a mutual friend I can confirm he is indeed a cunt.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13825 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 18:03:40 »

That's not his fault though and doesn't make him a cunt etc, neither does being rubbish  (I know that's not not what you're saying either ).

It seems alot of our fans need someone to abuse, one year it's Norris, the next Curran or Rogers, this year they appear to be gunning for Gladwin.   Just don't understand it, we are supposed to be supporters.

Curran is a unique case though - never before have I seen such an obvious over promotion of a player (in terms of level of division vs their obvious talent or lack thereof).  The closest example of being out of their league, literally, was the case of Ali Dia.  At least that got nipped in the bud and was actually the player pulling a fast one that wasn't properly vetted.  In this instance, STFC gave a three year contract to a player who had no right being at the club based on footballing ability.

I'll add, I do not and never have blamed the player.  If someone called me today and asked me to hop on a plane to sign a 3 year contract to play for STFC, I'd be in the Airport Lounge drinking myself into a stupour already.  

There is a big difference in calling out the absurdity of the situation and describing his clear lack of ability vs. abusing someone.

Gladwin will come good, I knows it in my bones.  A lad that does have talent, hopefully we can get him some energy.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #13826 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 18:17:31 »

There was Harry Agomba too.    As we've had 2 examples in 10 years perhaps it isn't that uncommon.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13827 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 18:32:38 »

That likely says more about our ownership over that period than suggesting any great trend in football.  The simple fact is the lad is shit at football - plenty of us are, the vast majority do not get handed three year professional contracts and make the bench of first team for nearly an entire season.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #13828 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 18:41:20 »

It seems alot of our fans need someone to abuse, one year it's Norris, the next Curran or Rogers, this year they appear to be gunning for Gladwin.   Just don't understand it, we are supposed to be supporters.
I agree with you. It annoys the shit out of me when I'm at a game and a player constantly gets singled out for abuse. Hammond used to get it and Viveash, years ago.....it fucks up their confidence. Do fans really think it will have a positive effect? Been like that for years though. Some fans are arseholes....as has been discussed at length in the Stevenage match thread.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #13829 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 18:42:27 »

And, I might add, it invariably ends up that the player targeted for abuse comes back with his next club and scores against us.
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: