Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 1065 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4339588 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15915 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 15:20:08 »

Its 235 mins according to another website I use for stats.

But in total that means he has played 793 mins (nearly 9 games in total) as he has played 558 minutes in the AMC, FAC and LC as well, making that no goals in 9 games for Town so far.

Adeloye has played 234 mins for Swindon yet fans have written him off already as not being good enough, but because Parsons came through our ranks some fans say we need to give him more time yet won't say the same about Adeloye who has played only 1/3 the same amount of game time.

I expect people looking for the best in Parsons has probably been effected by Scott Twine.

Let’s be honest - we’d all but written him off, he had shown next to nothing for us in all his playing time.

Had a productive pre season when some championed him getting more game time. He went out on loan to Newport and has got exponentially better ever since.

I think most fans wouldn’t  have shed any tears if we’d binned him off that summer…but…ultimately he came good (no thanks to us really)

So perhaps another reason why people have more patience with Parsons.

A different subject matter (although slightly related) but think for the most part we don’t get our younger plays out on loan high enough up the pyramid.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15916 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 15:37:13 »

there is truth in the twine thoughts. but i just think he has always looked bright in his cameos- looks like he can hold the ball up, headers and not afraid to shoot.
i don't think the paint trophy performances help in a very disjointed line up all the time. in a first 11 team lineup more like against man city and preseason i just thought he had something about him.

i can only think of a couple of players we have loaned out to decent teams. cureton to colchester when he was incredible and twine to newport when the same. most go out to supermarine and the like
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15917 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 15:40:11 »

A different subject matter (although slightly related) but think for the most part we don’t get our younger plays out on loan high enough up the pyramid.

I suspect there is a very good reason for that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15918 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 15:57:22 »

Well I suspose there is no such thing as a non competive game when it’s comes to us playing non league teams

We played a league team last week and were non competitive😀

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15919 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 15:59:01 »

I suspect there is a very good reason for that.

Don’t most of the really good ones get hoovered up by the PL Academies before they get anywhere near the first team.

It would have been interesting to see how someone like Tozer would have got on had he stayed a bit longer as he was one of the few that got into the first team a few times before being picked up by a big club.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15920 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 16:02:00 »

It would have been interesting to see how someone like Tozer would have got on had he stayed a bit longer as he was one of the few that got into the first team a few times before being picked up by a big club.

Wasn't Tozer with us for about six months after Plymouth released him? He's one where we do have a pretty decent "what if he'd stayed longer" in Sean Morrison, who joined at more or less the same time and stayed much longer, no?

Marcus Ifill seems to be doing well at Brighton, of the recent vintage of youth teamers sniped by PL sides. Obviously Jayden Bogle before that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15921 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 16:07:37 »

Byrne convinced him to come to Swindon as a Plymouth youth.  He was gone quite quickly to Newcastle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15922 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 16:39:28 »

always felt regret we let Lukas Jutkiewicz go to soon.

Still, easy to say when the money was needed
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #15923 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 16:57:35 »

always felt regret we let Lukas Jutkiewicz go to soon.

Still, easy to say when the money was needed

It’s the ones who leave, or more annoyingly get poached by the PL Academies, before they get to an age  where they can get into the first team.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15924 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 17:15:08 »

Who was the one we sold to Fulham several years ago.

Matthew Collins was the one! Signed for Fulham as a 15 year old in 2001 but was plagued by injuries now 36 and plays for Hungerford Town.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 7, 2022, 18:19:58 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15925 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 17:26:35 »

Quote from: Posh Red
It’s the ones who leave, or more annoyingly get poached by the PL Academies, before they get to an age  where they can get into the first team.

ah, a Marcus Ifil. Though he's not yet got to first team football anywhere yet.

I wonder if Alex Henshall would have had a different career if he had stayed. Impossible to tell I suppose.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #15926 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 17:35:10 »

I wonder if Alex Henshall would have had a different career if he had stayed. Impossible to tell I suppose.

It’s hard to be critical of any of these young lads who sign for one of the big clubs, but they rarely seem to make it as a pro after they do.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15927 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 17:59:54 »

Was he the one who was a bit of an arrogant twat towards one of the Thompsons?

Wiki suggests he never reached 20 league games....

Sent from my SM-A125F
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #15928 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 18:09:10 »

Apparently Man City are in talks to sign Jude Soonsup-Bell from Chelsea. Signed from us at the age of thirteen
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15929 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 19:01:37 »

Quote from: Posh Red
It’s hard to be critical of any of these young lads who sign for one of the big clubs, but they rarely seem to make it as a pro after they do.

indeed. May have made more money too!
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 1065 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: