Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 1064 ... 1222   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4329681 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15900 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 12:53:46 »

I'm there for the results, win, lose or draw. Always nice to have "one of your own" but otherwise not bothered.

Peterborough appear to have a good model. If we can have a cheaper version of this, great.

Crewe meanwhie happy to bumble along achieving nothing.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15901 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 12:57:25 »

its easy to have seen nothing, as he has only played 223 minutes (yes 223!) of league football for Swindon. If we had some injuries up top it would be good to see him. i dont think we play enough of are youth to give them a change to adapt and see.
Its 235 mins according to another website I use for stats.

But in total that means he has played 793 mins (nearly 9 games in total) as he has played 558 minutes in the AMC, FAC and LC as well, making that no goals in 9 games for Town so far.

Adeloye has played 234 mins for Swindon yet fans have written him off already as not being good enough, but because Parsons came through our ranks some fans say we need to give him more time yet won't say the same about Adeloye who has played only 1/3 the same amount of game time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15902 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:07:10 »

I'm there for the results, win, lose or draw. Always nice to have "one of your own" but otherwise not bothered.

Peterborough appear to have a good model. If we can have a cheaper version of this, great.

Peterborough's model of buying the cream of the best talent in non-league has certainly paid dividends historically (I did initially think Ivan Toney was from non-league but they bought him from Newcastle which turned out to be a superb bit of business) but they've never been able to break that seal of becoming an established Championship club, always getting relegated after going up from league 1.

Crewe historically have invested in their academy which keeps them afloat, but apart from the early nineties when I think both us and them were in the Championship and when they produced players such as Neil Lennon, Danny Murphy, Dean Ashton and Nick Powell I don't think they have been higher than league 1. I read they made about £20 million quid from transfer fees when Gradi was there. But since then they just seem to dip around in league 1 and league 2 as and when they produce the players, and never seem to actually go anywhere aside from an occasional decent cup run.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:10:16 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15903 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:07:20 »

Potentially we're a much bigger club than Crewe but have also been bumbling along for several seasons but I do get what you are saying.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #15904 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:20:36 »

Potentially we're a much bigger club than Crewe but have also been bumbling along for several seasons but I do get what you are saying.
Way bigger according this report Wink

Crewe being "tinpot" whereas we are "small"

Here are the rankings in full:

Elite: Liverpool and Manchester United

Massive: Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton

Big: Spurs, Aston Villa, Leeds United, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Nottingham Forest, Wolves and Leicester

Average: Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich City, Bolton Wanderers, Birmingham City, Derby County, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Fulham, Blackburn, West Brom, Portsmouth, Sheffield United, Cardiff City, Bristol City, Burnley, Brighton, Ipswich Town, Bradford City, Charlton Athletic, Millwall, Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers, Stoke City, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic.

Small: Bournemouth, Brentford, Barnsley, Blackpool, Franchise, Hull City, Plymouth Argyle, Preston North End, Reading, Huddersfield Town, Coventry City, Luton Town, Swindon Town and Peterborough

Tiny: Bristol Rovers, Cambridge United, Carlisle United, Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United, Wycombe Wanderers, Exeter City, Gillingham, Grimsby Town, Leyton Orient, Lincoln City, Oxford United, Notts County, Scunthorpe United, Oldham Athletic, Port Vale, Shrewsbury Town, Southend United and Walsall

Tinpot: Accrington Stanley, Barrow, Burton Albion, Macclesfield Town, Harrogate Town, Salford City, Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Colchester United, Crewe Alexandra, Fleetwood Town, Mansfield Town, Morecambe, Newport County, Rochdale and Tranmere Rovers.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-all-92-clubs-in-english-football-have-been-ranked-from-elite-to-tin-20210413

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15905 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:23:40 »

I'd say we're demonstrably shitter both currently and historically than every club in small (well, apart from the non-club in there) and fit better in tiny. If I didn't know better, I'd think that sportbible may not in fact be a reliable academic source.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15906 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:27:28 »

I like that report especially Gas & Oxford come under Tiny😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #15907 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:33:01 »

If I didn't know better, I'd think that sportbible may not in fact be a reliable academic source.
Harsh, seems fully legit to me Smiley

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15908 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:33:31 »

In terms of glory hunting fans, I'd say that is spot on.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #15909 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:37:37 »

In terms of glory hunting fans, I'd say that is spot on.
TBH the only other club that have played in the Premier League at any point and is lower than us is indeed Oldham, and look where they are now! I think we fell in the small rather than tiny purely based on 1 season in the Prem.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15910 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:38:47 »

On Saturday Franchise had 2,700 & Gas 4,600 for their FA Cup games with Bradford & Charlton both only around 6,500 which is shocking.

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #15911 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:25:02 »

On Saturday Franchise had 2,700 & Gas 4,600 for their FA Cup games with Bradford & Charlton both only around 6,500 which is shocking.

An attendance connoisseur like yourself should know that attendances in the first 2 rounds of the cup are normally all over the place when compared to league attendances.

Look who Charlton and Franchise were playing, hardly going to get big crowds when ST holders have to fork out for another ticket for an essentially non competitive game
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15912 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:31:35 »

An attendance connoisseur like yourself should know that attendances in the first 2 rounds of the cup are normally all over the place when compared to league attendances.

Look who Charlton and Franchise were playing, hardly going to get big crowds when ST holders have to fork out for another ticket for an essentially non competitive game

You're correct in what you say but I would like to think we would have got over 5,000 even against non league opposition.

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #15913 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:50:13 »

Well I suspose there is no such thing as a non competive game when it’s comes to us playing non league teams
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15914 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:51:19 »

Well I suspose there is no such thing as a non competive game when it’s comes to us playing non league teams

Well, there are, just not in the usual manner...
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 1064 ... 1222   Go Up
Print
Jump to: