Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 1057 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4341372 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15795 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 13:21:37 »

So if he became available in January,would anyone be happy to take him back I wonder?
What if we could sign him or Jephcott?
I would happily have him back, even on loan to recapture his form, and I would also sign Jephcott too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15796 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 13:34:12 »

I’d love to say yes let’s get him back

…however, to me it ultimately depends on who kept him on the straight(ish) and narrow(ish) last season. If it was down to Garner, I’d worry the longer Harry was here sans Garner we might see the worst of him

If, it was Lindsey rather than Garner then definitely worth it.

….I mean he could very well be injured but Chelsea have/are playing Tuesday/Saturday/Wednesday two of which are CL games…
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15797 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 22:58:30 »

McKirdy tonight posted a picture of him celebrating a Swindon goal on his Instagram. Then agreed with a Swindon fan who said he should come back.

Hibs fans understandably very fucked off and the evidence now deleted.

He's not going to make it up there is he. All very predictable.

And yet I still miss him for some reason.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15798 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 01:58:20 »

He should never have left. I get why he did but just come back to where you're loved and be happy.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15799 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 02:49:33 »

Lindsey said at the time he felt it was time for him to leave and it was a great deal for the club - no wonder he left. I’m not one for revisiting ex players, especially as we seem to have a tight group now and the last thing we need is a possible disruptive Harry.

Not sure if this is a kosher account

* 3FC03B38-CAD4-4D41-9355-96DAC3AAB90D.jpeg (190.15 KB, 1162x1746 - viewed 352 times.)

* 0E57F64A-AA0D-49A1-9708-6C32C9C3A943.jpeg (126.83 KB, 750x1334 - viewed 310 times.)
« Last Edit: Monday, October 31, 2022, 03:09:27 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15800 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 07:06:29 »

Re. McKirdy, I would leave well alone. We've just scored 5 (FIVE) away from home against a promotion rival and things seem to be starting to click. I agree totally with Audry, it's not like we're desperately missing him and it makes no sense to disrupt the chemistry of what appears to be a pretty tight knit squad, we're a different team now which wouldn't revolve around him. I would sign Jephcott though without hesitation and I'm sure we will.

I thought the comment of a Mansfield fan was very interesting, who thought we were a better side without him...always interesting to get an outsider's perspective.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 31, 2022, 07:09:38 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15801 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 07:24:35 »

We’re certainly a different team now. Hopefully Lindsey has had his ‘Garner’ moment whereby formations have had to change with the absence of certain personnel. The sumptuous attacking play on Saturday has somewhat cloaked a fairly feeble defensive display and it remains to be seen if the former outweighs the latter in future games.

Lindsey certainly doesn’t seem so wedded to a particular plan as Garner was and is a more ‘horses for courses’ manager.

I’m guessing it’ll be more of the same at Stockport as I’m not sure if he is really that bothered about progressing and if it comes off again, fair enough, but if it doesn’t, shrug shoulders.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15802 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 07:54:20 »

Quote from: skiptotheLouMacari
Loved his goals his attitude on and off the pitch was fucking dog shit. My kids idolised him and he refused a signature pre match, not just to mine but a group of fans, botthh kids and adults. Don't miss his antics too much his goals however.

suprised at the signature thing, from our admittedly limited experience he was quite approachable - disappointing - maybe he's different on Matchday.

I'm sure though he was what can charitably be called 'a character' in the dressing room. Or downright disruptive.

McKirdy the player of last season walks into this team.

McKirdy the person is a risk.

All that said, I'm sad it's not going well at Hibs yet. always hard to recover from a poor start with a club. If it's self inflicted maybe sympathy is misplaced
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #15803 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 08:14:58 »

Forget McKirdy. A gamble too far to even contemplate a return. Really hope it works out at Hibs though. It’s early days.

Jack Payne and Brandon Cooper on the other hand….
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #15804 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 08:28:28 »

As ‘Freddie Mercury’ said in the bio pic. No looking back, only looking forward. Harry had his time here and did well out of it. If he screws it up at Hibs, he could be looking at a Nile Ranger scenario career wise.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15805 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 08:44:08 »

Forget McKirdy. A gamble too far to even contemplate a return. Really hope it works out at Hibs though. It’s early days.

Jack Payne and Brandon Cooper on the other hand….
What's wrong with Cooper?

Just realised I've completely misread this. Back to bed.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #15806 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 10:35:15 »

From what I have been told by people at the club Mckirdy was not liked by staff.
I honestly do not believe the club would take him back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15807 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 11:10:52 »

suprised at the signature thing, from our admittedly limited experience he was quite approachable - disappointing - maybe he's different on Matchday.

I'm sure though he was what can charitably be called 'a character' in the dressing room. Or downright disruptive.

McKirdy the player of last season walks into this team.

McKirdy the person is a risk.

All that said, I'm sad it's not going well at Hibs yet. always hard to recover from a poor start with a club. If it's self inflicted maybe sympathy is misplaced

For me at least he was always one of those players that I loved him as he played for us, but if he played for anyone else I would think he was an immature prick to be wound up by players and crowd when we played against him.

If its not going well at Hibs I do fear for him a bit, as shown at PV and Carlisle he is not one for handling the fans not adoring him!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15808 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 11:58:43 »

For me at least he was always one of those players that I loved him as he played for us, but if he played for anyone else I would think he was an immature prick to be wound up by players and crowd when we played against him.

If its not going well at Hibs I do fear for him a bit, as shown at PV and Carlisle he is not one for handling the fans not adoring him!
His choice, don’t think he was forced to go.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #15809 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 12:27:19 »

The issue is, will he play enough to keep him happy? If not, he seems to act out.

I'm conflicted, because he clearly scores goals in this division but we seem fine attacking wise. Our issues are at the back.

If it was a top ex defensive player we were talking about then there would be no question at all. (speaking of which DJ hasn't played much at Charlton this season)
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 1057 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: