Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £80m for ronaldo  (Read 16924 times)
JPC82

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 21:56:24 »

Messi has showed in 10 previous games against british teams that he has really struggled, the final he done ok and got his goal, other than that hes been poor, we will soon see if Ronaldo can tear up La Liga like Messi has, i have no doubts he will
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:02:37 »

Of course he will, Robinho was one of the best players in La Liga at Real, Ronaldo is better, no question.

Will be interesting seeing him in a 'Galactico' team where he isn't necessarily the star attraction though.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:25:46 »

I miss him Sad

/
W56196272
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:31:22 »

Apart from the fact that it's probably the right time for Utd to cash in on Ronaldo anyway - as someone else said, he clearly wants to go and they'll not get that kind of money for him even in Jan - it's possible they need to sell to fund replenishing the squad. Thanks to the Glazers' generously loading the cost of their massively leveraged takeover onto the club, Man Utd are massively in debt - they're making good operating profits but having to spend nearly all of it just on servicing the interest payments (they're not even close to even starting to pay off any of the capital). They're not as bad as Liverpool, but if the TV deal shrinks radically next time its up for renewal they could both be in a lot of trouble
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:35:23 »

They're not as bad as Liverpool, but if the TV deal shrinks radically next time its up for renewal they could both be in a lot of trouble

...and PL games played abroad will become a reality...
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:44:03 »

Apart from the fact that it's probably the right time for Utd to cash in on Ronaldo anyway - as someone else said, he clearly wants to go and they'll not get that kind of money for him even in Jan - it's possible they need to sell to fund replenishing the squad. Thanks to the Glazers' generously loading the cost of their massively leveraged takeover onto the club, Man Utd are massively in debt - they're making good operating profits but having to spend nearly all of it just on servicing the interest payments (they're not even close to even starting to pay off any of the capital). They're not as bad as Liverpool, but if the TV deal shrinks radically next time its up for renewal they could both be in a lot of trouble

Doubt they will ever really be in trouble there will be a que of Russians, Arabs and Americans around the block looking to buy a club that makes large profits every season.
Doore

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:57:44 »

To throw in my little bit, and trying to concentrate on the football side, I think this may result in united trying to use Rooney a lot further forward.  I understand the job he does covering back on the left, but surely to get the best out of him he needs to be playing off a front man, much like he now does with England.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing off Berbatov a lot more next year - and if united bring in a couple of wingers (Valencia, Ribery, Silva perhaps?) a slightly more 4-4-2 could be played.

Either way, of course, I don't care.  Just musing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 22:58:32 »

Doubt they will ever really be in trouble there will be a que of Russians, Arabs and Americans around the block looking to buy a club that makes large profits every season.
I know, was just trying to cheer myself up
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 23:47:47 »

why do people hate him so much? cos he dives? most players have dived Gerrard Owen and Joe Cole are prolific divers aswell! must be jealousy, that hes the best in the world has the money and girlfriends etc

Seriously?

Why?

CHEATING SMUG CUNT FULL STOP
Doore

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 23:56:30 »

What I find interesting in the diving debate is that when a foreign player dives, it is cheating.  When a British player dives, it still seems to be acceptable to call this the "foreign influence".  We have had an influx of foreign players for a long time now.  I think we can wrongly hold our own players in higher regard, fair play wise, than they actually deserve.

Steve White at Wembley anyone?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, June 12, 2009, 00:05:23 »

That's completely different, the resulting pen was good for Swindon not some globe trotting brand. Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, June 12, 2009, 00:27:26 »

What I find interesting in the diving debate is that when a foreign player dives, it is cheating.  When a British player dives, it still seems to be acceptable to call this the "foreign influence".  We have had an influx of foreign players for a long time now.  I think we can wrongly hold our own players in higher regard, fair play wise, than they actually deserve.

Steve White at Wembley anyone?
Coxy and Macca got quite a lot of abuse from the Town fans last season for going down too easily.

I'll admit the reaction is different though. When it's a foreign player I tend to call them a cheat and get angry, and when it's an English player I tend to feel a bit embarassed about the game if I'm honest. I still think it's wrong no matter who does it though
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Friday, June 12, 2009, 00:34:22 »

I hate Ronaldo's petulance more than anything. If he just got on with the game and used his abilities rather than create all his nancy boy drama then I wouldn't dislike him so much.

Gerrard has dived before and will no doubt do it again. I don't like diving but I like Gerrard because he roles up his sleeves and gets on with things and that's why he can be a matchwinner. Ronaldo has gobbed off, lashed out and behaved like a child on too many occassions.

Rooney's much like Ronaldo. You could forgive him for being a teenager and hungry for the game but he should be beyond it now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, June 12, 2009, 00:46:51 »

I hate Ronaldo's petulance more than anything. If he just got on with the game and used his abilities rather than create all his nancy boy drama then I wouldn't dislike him so much.

Gerrard has dived before and will no doubt do it again. I don't like diving but I like Gerrard because he roles up his sleeves and gets on with things and that's why he can be a matchwinner. Ronaldo has gobbed off, lashed out and behaved like a child on too many occassions.

Rooney's much like Ronaldo. You could forgive him for being a teenager and hungry for the game but he should be beyond it now.
That's a good point, it's so much more than diving. It's the toys-out-of-the-pram scenarios that are most infuriating - he acts like he's about 4 years old at times
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, June 12, 2009, 00:57:20 »

Two stories today - £80m for Ronaldo, and Setanta struggling to survive due to over comitting themsleves on TV rights for PL/SPL/Conf rights, the bulk of it in the PL but now in talks with new investors. What's the betting they emerge with new investment, pay the PL but stiff the SPL and Conference, driving several "lesser" clubs to the wall, like IOU Digital did for the Football League. The Premiership is eating football
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: