Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: who are you voting in the euro elections?  (Read 39721 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #120 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 23:54:35 »

I think you get the general EU philosophy.

It doesn't make fuck all difference what any 'citizen' of the EU thinks, they will carry on with their plans whatever.

That's why if we remain in the EU I'd actually favour the Lisbon Treaty being ratified.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 01:42:14 »

all the shit over the folded ballot papers (resulting in people being unable to find the UKIP box) is flying directly in his direction. UKIP are suggesting they might mount a legal challenge to have the elections re-run:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8084086.stm

UKIP voters in not terribly bright shock Smiley Like sonic said, if you're too thick to unfold a piece of paper to find the party you want to vote for, maybe it's for the best if you don't get to vote for your chosen party - a kind of politicial Darwinian selection
Talk Talk

« Reply #122 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 06:17:13 »

sorry to disapoint sonic, wont argue with alan. The man is not someone you can debate with, he is always right about everything and everyone else is either corrupted or mislead.

You mean I might not be right?  Huh?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 08:33:46 »

milliband or alan johnstone

Johnson is the one their talking about it.

Personally I'd like to see them give it to Cruddas because then we might genuinely get some policy differences between the three main parties.

Milliband-Cameron-Clegg would be the holy trinity of blandness.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 08:47:02 »

UKIP voters in not terribly bright shock Smiley Like sonic said, if you're too thick to unfold a piece of paper to find the party you want to vote for, maybe it's for the best if you don't get to vote for your chosen party - a kind of politicial Darwinian selection

Oi ! I voted UKIP. I really think that that was the best option. What Talk Talk says is quite right about the commisioners being the real power in the EU. Unelected & unaccountable.
Where I disagree is that spoiling the ballot paper will send a message.

From the Dark Side
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 08:48:32 »

While I agree that the EU is a mess, I don't see why the instant logic of that is to pull out of it altogether. The NHS certianly isn't perfect, but all the parties want to improve it, not pull out altogether. With the EU, the general consensus seems to be that we either leave or bow down and accept a European Superstate. Why does there not seem to be a middle option?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 09:28:37 »

Oi ! I voted UKIP.
What, you managed to unfold your ballot paper all by yourself? Smiley On reflection, it probably says more about how thick the UKIP leadership think their voters are rather than the voters themselves
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 09:34:57 »

I forgot it was polling day. Oops.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:05:25 »

Good news everyone, Sirallan Sugar is being made a Lord and will be brought into the cabinet.

This is class Cheesy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:07:06 »

I cannot read a sentence beginning with "Good new everyone" without doing it in the voice of Dr Hubert Farnsworth.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:13:47 »

There was a thread on that a few weeks ago I think, but it's true. Not sure if there are any other phrases that I always read in a specific voice...maybe "I'll be back"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:22:00 »

Good news everyone, Sirallan Sugar is being made a Lord and will be brought into the cabinet.

This is class Cheesy
FFS, that has to be the final (Jack) straw. Gordon, you're fired!

I quite like this report from the Grauniad about demonstrations in the streets following TV debates between the president and one of his main rivals as part of their election campaigns:

After the debate, pro-Mousavi students took to the streets of Tehran chanting: "Ahmadinejad, impolite person, shame on you. Leave this country alone."

I want to form an angry mob with pitchforks and everything to march on no 10 chanting "Gordon Brown, impolite person, shame on you" Smiley
Talk Talk

« Reply #132 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 12:11:04 »

While I agree that the EU is a mess, I don't see why the instant logic of that is to pull out of it altogether. The NHS certianly isn't perfect, but all the parties want to improve it, not pull out altogether.

I want the NHS binned as well  Cheesy

With the EU, the general consensus seems to be that we either leave or bow down and accept a European Superstate. Why does there not seem to be a middle option?

Uh, because it doesn't exist?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 12:49:25 »

Uh, because it doesn't exist?

Ah yes, I'd forgotten the manifesto commitment from all the parties to help the EU change their name to the Galactic Empire and start building a Death Star, my apologies.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 14:02:47 »

While I agree that the EU is a mess, I don't see why the instant logic of that is to pull out of it altogether. The NHS certianly isn't perfect, but all the parties want to improve it, not pull out altogether. With the EU, the general consensus seems to be that we either leave or bow down and accept a European Superstate. Why does there not seem to be a middle option?

Umm, there was supposed to be one called the common marrket which Heath took us into. He knew at the time that the plan amongst the elite was to turn it into the US of Europe, but lied to us about it.

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: