Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Old Hat  (Read 778 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 11:37:55 »

Was looking at some old stuff ive aquired over the years..including 25 years of away ticket stubs,a letter from Lou Macari,which i got after writing thanking him when he let for West Ham,i also have a letter from Terry Cooper bizarly...anyway what took my notice was the letter ide forgot i had from the Football lge when us town fans wrote on mass regarding a refund of our hard earned cash,when were demoted...us saying the lge knew were going down so the play offs shouldnt have happened..i didnt know for example that the Club had offered to pull out off the final..as long as the lge gave assurances we would stay in Div 2..the lge rejected this proposal..the letter goes on to explain that no compensation to fans would be available.
Attached to this letter is a copy of the charges..again i hadnt realised we had to compensation to

Rovers for Tim Parkin
Southampton for Gittens
Mansfield for Calderwood
Sheff Utd for Foley
Derby County for Mclaren
Exeter for Ling                   in the lgs words it was to compensate for the players true worth.

Also the club had to pay all expenses of the tribunal..in all we pleaded guilty to 36 offenses,the letter signed by JD Dent the lge secretary also explains the severe punishment dealt out was a warning to other clubs dealing with underhand payments..we did partly win the appeal getting put back up one division to div2...which angered Tranmere as they thaught they were sneaking up instead of us them being playoff semi losers...so in the light of it all maybe the lge should have accepted Swindons proposal of not playing the final and staying in lge 2(as that eventually happened)..would have saved us fans alot of money and heart ache...although the memorys of the final compensate in many ways.
Funny how after all these years this letter told me things i didnt know..or had forgot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: