Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Watford MOTD April 1979 Andy Rowland's goal  (Read 7091 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 19:25:50 »

with Barry Davies commentating

Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 19:30:51 »

Are these clips from that goals collection video that was released around about the Prem season?

What's Andy Rowland up to these days?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 19:31:25 »

what an ace goal.... and what an ace moustache....
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 19:32:21 »

Are these clips from that goals collection video that was released around about the Prem season?

What's Andy Rowland up to these days?

Yes they are, most are on other videos but there are a few like these ones which you don't see very often.

I thought he was running a pub nearish swindon, could be wrong though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 20:24:10 »

Fantastic game that day we walked all over them in front of the MOTD cameras, huge crowd much more than what the official figure was of 16,500ish.

Great goal by Handy Andy, was a contender for BBC goal of the month/

Anday was running the Royal Oak in Old Town until fairly recently I think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 20:56:15 »

Yes they are, most are on other videos but there are a few like these ones which you don't see very often.

I thought he was running a pub nearish swindon, could be wrong though.

Is it a video called Swindon Town - Golden goals selection? If so, I have it, Paul Bodin and Micky Hazard on the cover?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 20:57:52 »

It was Golden Goals. They made one for all the teams in the top flight 93/94 season (I think)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 21:49:12 »

Yes, it was the golden goals one, lucky they chose the season we were in the premiership to do them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:03:23 »

He's run the Plough in Old Town for years. If you want to get served then best not mention the Scouse Chuckle Brothers.
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:04:18 »

I had that video but I lost it. Probably swapped it for something else whilst under the influence. Charlie Henry vs the Gills was the best goal on that video.

Thanks to the internet and youtube I dont miss that video as much as I might have.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:04:50 »

Didnt see the other thread. Sorry.

Andy, nice tache by the way.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:15:19 by Spencer_White » Logged
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:23:16 »

I had that video but I lost it. Probably swapped it for something else whilst under the influence. Charlie Henry vs the Gills was the best goal on that video.

Thanks to the internet and youtube I dont miss that video as much as I might have.

If you'd like a copy of it on DVD, then PM me your details and i'll sort one out for you.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 20:55:19 »

I found the other goal from this match on an old Danny Baker video i was converting to DVD tonight so thought i'd pop it on here for people to see, it's a Ross Jenkin's own goal which put us 1 up in the match.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 21:09:44 »

Happy days....I had a terrible dilemma for that game...go to match or dirty weekend with hot bird.

Back then it wasn't announced too early who was on MOTD, but the Beeb needed a car park full of trucks, a couple of days in advance to put it on, so I knew I could sort of do both.... Smiley
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 21:14:27 »

Thanks Bedford.It was only Andy Rankin in goal for Watford that day,who kept the score respectable.

I don't suppose you've got Colin Prophett's late winner against Shrewsbury in 76, also on MOTD?

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: