Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Champions League Final Matchday Thread!  (Read 17434 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 07:32:02 »

But the league is 46 games and you know what the rules are when you start - so if you're better over 48 games and don't win the tilte then tough shit. Its what you do in that 46 game period that matters. That all comes down to preparation, buying the right players, gelling them etc - not luck.

Yes, but what Ben is saying is that when teams finish very close to one another that it can possibly be attributed to luck, it'd only take one dodgy ref's decision or bizarre own goal to make up the difference between them.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #166 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:14:06 »

Surely that argument is the old if my auntie had bollocks etc.

flammableBen

« Reply #167 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:15:38 »

If my auntie had bollocks man u wouldn't have won the league?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:20:50 »

If my auntie had bollocks man u wouldn't have won the league?

**BWB**Liverpool would still be the better team regardless of your auntie's genitalia.**BWB**

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:21:40 »

Yes, but what Ben is saying is that when teams finish very close to one another that it can possibly be attributed to luck, it'd only take one dodgy ref's decision or bizarre own goal to make up the difference between them.
Exactly and I don't think that it is a crazy concept and chalkies I didn't say that it was an unfair system anyway, yes the teams know the rules and if they don't win in that number of games it's too bad but all I was saying is that I don't think a small points difference means Man United are definitely a better side than Liverpool and especially does not mean they are more likely to beat Barcelona. Maybe Man United are better at grinding out results against the weaker teams but Liverpool do have a better record against the top few teams this season.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:29:28 »

Exactly and I don't think that it is a crazy concept and chalkies I didn't say that it was an unfair system anyway, yes the teams know the rules and if they don't win in that number of games it's too bad but all I was saying is that I don't think a small points difference means Man United are definitely a better side than Liverpool and especially does not mean they are more likely to beat Barcelona. Maybe Man United are better at grinding out results against the weaker teams but Liverpool do have a better record against the top few teams this season.

I'm no Man Utd lover, but surely the fact that they won the premiership this season and last season (scousers didn't) and got to two successive Champions League Finals, winning one of them (scousers didn't) would point to the fact they they are a better side?

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #171 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:33:16 »

Thats just logical  you stupid prick
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:40:07 »

Thats just logical  you stupid prick

Ah, sorry.

It's All Good..............
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:45:11 »

I'm no Man Utd lover, but surely the fact that they won the premiership this season and last season (scousers didn't) and got to two successive Champions League Finals, winning one of them (scousers didn't) would point to the fact they they are a better side?

I don't think so, last season yes they were better but not this year. They had an easier run to the champions league final than Liverpool anyway, Liverpool lost to Chelsea who were one of the top 3 or 4 teams in it and had already had to beat Real Madrid. Man United had an easy group and an easier 1/4 final v porto. I'd say Real are slightly better than Inter too although it's close. Over the last 5 years Liverpool have the better record in Europe anyway and their side is a lot better this season than it's been in the previous seasons.
flammableBen

« Reply #174 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:48:54 »

I'm glad liverpool didn't get to the final if they would have won. Liverpool fans are unbearable enough as it is.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #175 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:15:32 »

BWB, just enjoy the unpredictable nature of football.

I understand your argument but it's only something used by Liverpool fans to use in arguments with Manchester United fans. Arguments they'll never win.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:35:30 »

I don't think so, last season yes they were better but not this year. They had an easier run to the champions league final than Liverpool anyway, Liverpool lost to Chelsea who were one of the top 3 or 4 teams in it and had already had to beat Real Madrid. Man United had an easy group and an easier 1/4 final v porto. I'd say Real are slightly better than Inter too although it's close. Over the last 5 years Liverpool have the better record in Europe anyway and their side is a lot better this season than it's been in the previous seasons.

Madrid were minging this season.

Hopefully Liverpool continue to improve and Chelsea and Arsenal catch up and we can have 4 teams vying for the league to make it more interesting.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:44:16 »

Madrid were minging this season.

Hopefully Liverpool continue to improve and Chelsea and Arsenal catch up and we can have 4 teams vying for the league to make it more interesting.
They were right in the middle of a 17 wins out of 18 games winning run in la liga when they played Liverpool and although la liga isn't as strong as the premiership second place in that league is still pretty decent.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:45:48 »

They were right in the middle of a 17 games out of 18 winning run in la liga when they played Liverpool and although la liga isn't as strong as the premiership second place in that league is still pretty decent.

They were still minging for their standards. Liverpool did make them look less than ordinary though and Barca crushed them not long after 6-2 at the Bernabau making them look even worse.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: