Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Albums:  (Read 19141 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 19:16:11 »

Yep, thats the one.  Getting a lot of Radio 6 airplay at the moment.

Just downloaded the album, looking forward to listening later.

Never knowingly overstated.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 17:40:05 »

So what ya think of it GK?

Just got 'We Can Create' by Maps. Very shoegazer-y. I like.

From what I have read every element of the record, from writing to production, was done by one lad in his bedroom in Northampton.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 17:47:11 »

Incidentally, and I guess this is for Sonic Youth more than anyone else, I noticed in the Guardian the other day that Mark Ibold is now in the band.

Also worth looking up some Bob Nastanovich stories on the net if you get time, specifically the 90210 incident, which I personally thought was hilarious.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 18:01:51 »

So what ya think of it GK?

Just got 'We Can Create' by Maps. Very shoegazer-y. I like.

From what I have read every element of the record, from writing to production, was done by one lad in his bedroom in Northampton.

Yes, Im liking it a lot.  Very much a listen alone album, but thats my life for you.
Ive got a couple of Maps tracks which are pretty good.  Shoegazing was very much my era (and the band I played ins style!) so its good to hear its back in fashion.  Used to live in Northampton and knew of him then.  And it was all bedroom produced.

Im sure Ive mentioned it before but on the same sort of uncut magazine type lines as grizzly bear The Acorns Glory Mountain Hop, has been a hit with me recently.  Apart from that Just got the Sun Kil Moon album (ghost of the highway) which is excellent but not exactly new and Marmaduke Duke's Duke Pandemonium which has a couple of good singles and a fair bit that seems initially a bit fillery but I need to give it more of a go.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 22:02:35 »

Incidentally, and I guess this is for Sonic Youth more than anyone else, I noticed in the Guardian the other day that Mark Ibold is now in the band.

i'm so out of touch with most of the music scene that i only discovered they had a new album out by reading the sunday times.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 09:34:09 »

I wanna download the new Placebo but haven't got round to it yet. Heard it playing in the shop and sounded OK and better than Meds, which I didn't like much at all.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 17:15:27 »

I just got Fleet Foxes today, I think I like it, will have another couple of listens once I've stuck in on the 'pod.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 07:19:42 »

I often go on this site to make sure I'm in touch with latest indie scene..... mainly so I can converse in a knowledgeable way with the local bunch of floppy-haired-indie-kid-slackers.

http://www.indierockreviews.com/

Whats good about the site is each month there is a 'mixtape' download of the 'latest and freshest' indie sounds, and its all free. Its not all unknown bands either, although they do make up the majority, but in the past there have been Royksopp, Sufjan Stevens and Silver Jews - I suppose its all a bit American-centric.

There can be some awful trash on there, but there has been some absolute gems in the past.... download Junes and have a listen, there are some sparklers..
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 13:58:14 »

just got the Vampire Weekend album and its rekindled my interest in music with guitars, very good.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 17:37:05 »

Cheers, I couldn't find this in the search  Huh?

Today I bought Man of Aran by British Sea Power. Had one listen put looking forward to seeing how it goes with the footage because that's what it's about really.

After finally getting round to doing some revision I've found this to be perfect background music.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 19:49:28 »

just bought the madness album will let youse folks what its like tomorrow Smiley
Doore

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 22:57:47 »

Any Manics fans heard Journey For Plague Lovers yet?  Any thoughts?  Big fan of the early, stuff, don't really like anything from this is... onwards, but quite liked Send Away The Tigers.

On a separate issue, I won 100 quid tonight in a pub quiz.  I rule.
spacey

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 23:00:29 »

Sure it wasn't a wine bar quiz? Maybe you could use it to buy more fois gras and truffles. Bloody middle classes rubbing our noses in it! You disgust me.
Doore

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 23:02:08 »

Sure it wasn't a wine bar quiz? Maybe you could use it to buy more fois gras and truffles. Bloody middle classes rubbing our noses in it! You disgust me.

Nice to be popular.  Nope, twas a pub.  Snobbery (inverse) eh?  Can't beat it.
spacey

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 23:09:09 »

Don't use your fancy language with me! We didn't all have parents who could afford la-di-da education.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: