Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Albums:  (Read 19095 times)
Doore

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:45:09 »

Tonight I've got through Help!, Rubber Soul and the White Album. Switching off though to watch Hamburg v Bremen.

I'm a beatles fan if you didn't notice.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:54:03 »

Not really got anything new but a few I recommend from recent times...

Erik Mongrain - 'Fates' (French-Canadian acoustic instrumental guitarist, check his tune 'Airtap' out on youtube, fucking sick how good he is)

Bon Iver - 'For Emma, Forever Ago'

City And Colour - 'Bring Me Your Love' (Lead singer from Alexisonfire! acoustic solo stuff. Emoish but fucking great)

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:06:29 »

I love that Spaceman song I heard it on the radio a while ago and ment to get the album.

That she and him song is really rather ace,ill investigate some more.

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:27:28 »

Last album I bought was Lucky Souls The Great Unwanted.Its not new though.

/
W56196272
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 20:36:41 »

I love that Spaceman song I heard it on the radio a while ago and ment to get the album.

That she and him song is really rather ace,ill investigate some more.

Killers? Babylon Zoo? Bowie?
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 20:49:00 »

Killers? Babylon Zoo? Bowie?

I'm guessing the one mex linked to on the first page.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 20:58:30 »

Yes you dumb ass  Cheesy

/
W56196272
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 21:07:58 »

I haven't bought an album for ages Sad I listened to the new one by the maccabees on spotify the other day and that was good. Downloaded awkward annie by kate rusby earlier aswell, can't wait to give that a listening
Kate Rusby is ace. Awkward Annie is rather super as is virtually all her stuff. Well worth watching live as well. Enjoy. If you like Kate Rusby then check out some early Karine Polwart stuff - not her later stuff.
Lately I've been listening to System of a Dowm, Hypnotize. Neil Young, Fork In The Road - I'm a big fan but this is crap, hope its a groer. Richard & Linda Thompson I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 21:25:30 »

What decade are we now in with this thread?  Unsure
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 21:29:25 »

Mmmmm...the thirties.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:18:12 »

this is the best track on the album by quite some distance...

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:23:04 »

Fleet Foxes is real nice. Look forward to seeing them at Glastonbury.

I had a minor blow out the other day to do some catching up and bought Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak; Fever Ray - Fever Ray; The Lemonheads - The Lemonheads; Beck - Guero; Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Airplane Over The Sea, and Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Decay Sustain Release.

Good shout, that album is immense, I listen to it a lot. The predecessor 'On Avery Island' is quite good, a bit too heavy on the fuzz guitar in places for my liking but 'Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone' is a fantastic track, its a real grower so give it a chance.

My fav albums is still 'Seamonsters' by The Wedding Present, Dalliance is a barnstorming track.

Pavement have re-issued 'Brighten The Corners' and that is truely ace, lots of new material.

Their earlier Album 'Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain' has also had a make over and is worth a look.

Bit of a Wedding Present and Pavement fan...sorry..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:26:09 »

nothing wrong with a bit of weddoes and pavement love. did you see the weddoes at 12 bar last year? that was excellent.

best pavement song EVER

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:32:07 »

I saw them in Bristol, and they had a power cut which delayed things for about an hour..... they still gave a full set though and were in fine form.

Major Leagues is fantastic song, I heard them on John Peel or something do a really weird version of it, with a xylophone and acoustic guitar, it sounded really odd, especially as Malkmus decided to 'talk' the lyrics... He got his words mixed up and you could hear Bob N in the background cracking up..... professional stuff.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:39:49 »

That Midlake song's pretty good, I must confess I'm not familiar with their work, I'll have to hit itunes for a listen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: