Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County ground hotel  (Read 4448 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 20:25:57 »

I intend to boycot the place until they take those chelsea flags down and stop wearing chelsea shirts on matchdays. Pisstake i tell thee
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 20:42:05 »

Been saying it all year, hardly anyone drinks in there now - all about the tap

adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 20:42:15 »

Yeah-bollocks to 'em

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 20:45:31 »

Yeah-bollocks to 'em

Last time I went in the CG Hotel I had an ID card to get in and there was a guy on the back door with a Doberman (or something else.) That was a few years ago mind. What's it like now?
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 20:51:53 »

Ive still got my card. 

To be fair its a lot busier than it was back then. Even now, when its someone elses pub.

But it is terrible what theyve done to it. Unfortunately I think Rich got influenced by one of the Chelsea lot. Shame.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 20:57:00 »

Very rare for me to have a drink at all before a match now, usually drive up with the missus. When we do get the bus we normally pop into town for some grub and bevvies.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:25:04 »

I haven't been in there for a while either. It's lost a bit of character for me.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:27:22 »

Went there before the game on Saturday and it was quite busy.

Garden was ramos.

Geezer walking around behind the bar in a Chelsea shirt somewhat ruined the experience for me though so I shall not return until that kind of behaviour is knocked on the head.

Or at least until the next home game Smiley
Melksham Red

« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:11:20 »

That Chelsea stuff really fucking pisses me off. It's Swindon's pub ffs. It's that fucking Herman Munster guy and his fat family who are the Chelsea fans isn't it?
I tell you, Rich needs to sort that place out, it really has gone down hill. I waited 15 minutes for a pint Sat and it wasn't even that busy. They were all running around like headless chickens serving different areas of the bar, not having a clue who was next. Thick twats. Why do they not just allocate an area of the bar to each of the six bar staff who were serving?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:18:45 »

I don't go in there anymore, I don't like having to wait 10 minutes at the bar to get served.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:34:42 »

I think I've only been in there once or twice and the place looked like a sh1t hole, but it is a bit of a joke though stfc fan's in there on a matchday and they wear Chelsea shirts, they should align themselves with stfc a bit more and they may get a bit of respect.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 08:59:54 »

Haven't been there for years, but have been thinking about it, but if there are prats wearing Chelsea shirts they can stuff it.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 09:26:25 »

I like the county ground hotel. But yeah just before a game it can take ages to get served.
nochee

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 12:48:14 »

They used to do great food. A lot of contractors that worked at the same firm i did when i was in Swindon loved the place.
Dinner was what you were served, not what you chose from a menu tho.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 12:49:45 »

I don't go in there anyway (Full of rough types) but to have some twat in a chelski shirt behind the bar on a matchday is a bit of a joke.

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: